HUNTMUP

EZ Ranch Cordes Junction, Az

I talked to a couple of guys who said they hunted at this "EZ Ranch" in Cordes Junction but they did not have much information about it. I was wondering if any members have been there or know of anyone who has been? Just curious, they said the place had large boars, red stags and buffalo on the ranch. I have never heard of a place like this in Arizona. I wonder how big it actually is, sounds like one of those "canned hunts" types of operations....

I talked to a couple of guys who said they hunted at this "EZ Ranch" in Cordes Junction but they did not have much information about it. I was wondering if any members have been there or know of anyone who has been? Just curious, they said the place had large boars, red stags and buffalo on the ranch. I have never heard of a place like this in Arizona. I wonder how big it actually is, sounds like one of those "canned hunts" types of operations....

I found this website

http://hk9hc.tripod.com/id6.html

500 acres fenced....

jason

Thanks, I kinda figured it would be something like that. I am sure we will se more places like this one inour future here. (Just like California).....

I think that is probably the same property that once housed Kent Henry's Arizona Hunt Club. That was a put-&-take bird -- pheasant, chukar, bobwhite quail -- shooting preserve, but they also had a very challenging sporting clays course that humbled me more than once. -TONY

It looks like a hunting zoo. Hey Tony, what kind of impact would it have if some of those animals got out, and what happens to the property owner?

Mike

It looks like a hunting zoo. Hey Tony, what kind of impact would it have if some of those animals got out, and what happens to the property owner?

Mike

If the red deer survived, I guess it's quite possible they would breed with our native elk. They already have such crosses in NZ. If the hogs or buffalo escape, they would merely provide targets. ;)

As for the property owner, I'm not sure there's anything on the books yet. I'm going to make a call and check, though. -TONY

I hate to see that crap in in My state anyways.

I have heard that for the hogs only it's not that easy. They end up in the mesquite thickets a lot etc.

The buffalo and the stags are another story. A lot like shooting cattle probably.

It's only a matter of time until those hogs get loose.

:angry:

The hogs would present few problems. It's the red deer that are the major concern. Not only will they breed with elk, but under the captive environment, diseases such as CWD and brucellosis are easily spread if any of them contract one of them. So if they get out, either disease could affect our wild critters. I think the buffs might also be susceptable to brucellosis.

I spoke with my contact at G&F a bit ago and he thought that place had a grandfathered in permit. He also said trying to get a permit for captive deer today was near impossible. And...if G&F became aware of disease among the captive deer, they have the right under Title 17 to go in and kill them all.

As far as any penalty for escaped critters, there is nothing written in stone. But they can assess such depending on what happens. -TONY

It's only a matter of time until those hogs get loose.

:angry:

. It's the red deer that are the major concern. Not only will they breed with elk, but under the captive environment, diseases such as CWD and brucellosis are easily spread if any of them contract one of them. So if they get out, either disease could affect our wild critters. I think the buffs might also be susceptable to brucellosis.

Under all environments this is the case.... Also, most (not all) privately owned game farm animals are required to be tested before they can be sold/purchased and cross state lines....

j-

Under all environments this is the case.... Also, most (not all) privately owned game farm animals are required to be tested before they can be sold/purchased and cross state lines....

j-

The captive environment puts every one of the animals with in proximity, thus making for easy transfer of diseases so every one is infected. This is why CWD has spread so quickly in some states where deer congregate around specific feed areas.

There is NO reliable test that can confirm CWD in LIVE animals. The only test currently available is done on the brain tissue or lymph nodes of DEAD ungulates. -TONY

j-

The captive environment puts every one of the animals with in proximity, thus making for easy transfer of diseases so every one is in fected. This is why CWD has spread so quickly in some states where deer congregate around specific feed areas.

There is NO reliable test that can confirm CWD in LIVE animals. The only test currently available is done on the brain tissue or lymph nodes of DEAD ungulates. -TONY

Or around bait stations

CWD can and is being tested for in Deer by pulling the tonsils.. As far as Elk go they are too big to mess with...

J-

I believe that is the place that has been in some trouble with the law about pig/dog fighting in the past. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole. BTW. Some of those animals have escaped in the past.