hunter07

Whats the Weirdest?

Let me just say that I've seen something that burned the backs of my eyeballs. If you really, really, want to know, PM me and I'll tell you (if you're over 18, and have a stomach made of iron).

:wacko:

Tyson

No, No, No :( ..................thats funny!

Watched a rock squirrel in unit 31 kill and eat an 18 inch bull snake. A friend and I were turkey hunting in unit 27 on Eagle creek and we saw a small water snakes tail sticking out of the rocks in the creekbed. He reached down and pulled the snake out of the rocks, and pulled out another water snake that had the first one in it's mouth!

Okay, this isn't the weirdest thing (see my previous post), but this was pretty weird -

A friend and I were hiking in Saguaro NP and we found this little puddle with a dead mormon cricket in it.

The wierd thing was this worm that was next to the cricket, you can see it in the photograph - looks like a long thick hair. After getting home I looked it up and discovered, to my disgust and amazement the story behind these things. Apparently that is a 'horse-hair worm' and they are parasites. They lay their eggs in puddles, like the one in the picture is probably doing, that then wait for an insect (like the mormon cricket) to come along and drink up the water with the eggs in it. The egg gestates inside the critter (just like in the movie Alien) and then, when the animal goes back to get a drink of water the worm explodes out of the host, killing it, and thusly completing its life cycle... Fricking Crazy! Fortunately they are no threat to humans...

post-1107-1191513882_thumb.jpg

i went scouting last year down in 36b for my oct. whitetail hunt. I was right near Ruby and decided to stop and do some glassing. I got a couple hunderd yards from the road and i was still in good view the town of Ruby. Theres that lake right there by ruby and i just happened to glass over there adn saw 3 people skinny dippin. haha yeah i never thought i would see that. Nothing great to look at but pretty funny.

A friend of mine and I were hunting 24b last year for javelina. We were in his truck driving back to camp, when we saw a young man in a 4x4 on the side of the trail. He waved and had a shoot eating grin on his face, and when we drove past the other side of his truck, we figured out why. His girlfriend had her pants down around her ankles taking care of a full bladder. It took her a second to figure out a vahicle was passing, but the look of horror on her face when she saw us laughing at her was priceless. I'm sure she figured her boyfriend would warn her of approaching traffic, I guess he figured it would be funny if he didn't It wasn't funny, it was hilarious. I'm sure that girl never moved so fast in her life. Bet he got the silent treatment the rest of the night :D

I agree with Coosefan, maybe we can get a group discount on counseling. That story was too much Tyson, you win.

Mike

TYSON WHY WERE YOU WATCHING ME I TOLD YOU WHERE I WAS GOING TO BE SO YOU COULD MEET ME THERE. I WAS STUCK DOING THINGS ALL BY MESELF :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!

Let me just say that I've seen something that burned the backs of my eyeballs. If you really, really, want to know, PM me and I'll tell you (if you're over 18, and have a stomach made of iron).

:wacko:

Tyson

[/quote

I have seen fireflies in Arizona and a friend of mine says that he saw a herd of Camels in SouthEast AZ. Saw both foxes and a whitetail climb a tree, I saw Lark speak to a Javalina, but I haven't seen what Tyson seen. I do have the stomach for it I hope. Can I get a PM????????

I forgot all about the fireflies....I've seen em' too down in Fossil Creek by the dam. Very cool critters! JIM>

Me and my brother in law and a friend watched a Desert Bighorn ewe and a Coues whitetail doe touch noses last year during the early october whitetail hunt.Then they proceeded to feed right next to each other.They were only about sixty yards from us and the wind was right so they didn`t seem to mind our presence.We thought it was kinda cool! I didn`t know that they ever interacted!

Coues Addict

hunting coues down south with my father in law years ago. We drive in on a 4x4 road for 7 miles and are hiked in another 3 miles. We climb up to a ridge top and bump into some old timer out with an old miners hardhat and headlamp on searching for old mine shafts. This guy looks to almost dead from the hike up and plops down on a rock to smoke a cigarette. I miffed that some guys out here messing up our hunt but figured at least he wasn't hunting so not much competition. We walk up to the guy and I say hi. He says howdy to me and then looks over at my father in law and shouts out his name. Turned out these two guys hadn't seen each other in over 25 years and they meet up in the middle of no where!!!! Chit chatted for a bit and parted ways.

I got another one that involves a film crew, Pima County Sheriff and TV commercial being filmed while out bow hunting years back. That goes down as one of the funniest hunts of my life. When time permits I'll have to post that one.

cmc