mountaingoat08

Elk hunts pushed back a week 2017

That, and starting this year they are no longer calling applicants about bad credit card information. If it's not current, game over.

• Like 2

That, and starting this year they are no longer calling applicants about bad credit card information. If it's not current, game over.

About time !!!!

• Like 6

I saw that too. I wish I was getting a tag in 2017 but probably won't. should give a better chance for some good calling.

Good to see they finally will be treating everyone like adults and not making us wait for those that cannot keep their credit cards good though.

Happens every 6-7 years. Just how it falls on the calender. Here in 6 years the hunts will be back up to where they were last year.

I remember hearing Jay Scott explain it, can you freshin my memory? I thought it was based on so many weeks into the year or something but don't remember. I do remember that it was why this years archery hunt started so early though.

I know that I saw recruitment levels that were off the charts and land that looked like the Emerald Isle during some of the warmest summer temps I have experienced while scouting the herds. I also know that harvest levels were low based on witnessed accounts and hearsay from fill-in game managers. The extra week on the bull hunt plays a huge roll in prospective weather conditions. A lot of of the halfway guys are going to skip hunting and drive the circuit. Plays right into my hands. Did I mention that I LOVE late bull hunts? Sucks donkey genitalia that I can't use a couple of paid days off as previously mentioned.

Happens every 6-7 years. Just how it falls on the calender. Here in 6 years the hunts will be back up to where they were last year.

I remember hearing Jay Scott explain it, can you freshin my memory? I thought it was based on so many weeks into the year or something but don't remember. I do remember that it was why this years archery hunt started so early though.
I don't know the exact week but seasons start based off how many weeks into the year they are. Just an example and not the correct week but Archery deer will always start the 25th Friday of the year. (It's not really the 25th just an example) and Archery elk starts something like 37th Friday of the year. So as years go by the first day of the year may be Friday (like 2016) so your hunts are gonna start earlier. This year the first day of the year is a Sunday. So your first Friday isn't until the 6th. So because of that all the hunts will start 6 days later. Next year first day of the year is a Monday so hunts will be a day earlier than this year and so on and so forth. That will happen over the next 6-7 years getting earlier and earlier until it switches again.

Did they get rid of the rifle 2017 bull hunts in November?

Everything moved back a week, so the late November rifle elk hunts are December 1-7 in 2017.

• Like 1

Did they get rid of the rifle 2017 bull hunts in November?

Everything moved back a week, so the late November rifle elk hunts are December 1-7 in 2017.

Oh ya that didn't register in my brain,LOL

• Like 1