Obviously, I am not a E-scouter, I was at Arivaca lake checkin things out today and it looked EXCELLANT!!! lots of area, and different habitat.. i loved how it looked. when i was there the wind was WHIPPING, im talking 40 mph wind the whole time! needless to say i saw very few deer (one doe) and one rattlesnake.. as well as a mearns... anyone had any luck back there? PM me if you like!

I was in there last summer. It did look like good country. We stayed at the Universal RV Park in Arivaca with some friends. I scouted 36A while I was down there--the other half panicked about the illegal situation (I saw them every day while scouting) and so as not to make her worry--I ate the tag. I have the 36b Nov tag this year. Will be going come H-ll or High Water!!!

I only went to the boat ramp and didn't know there was a FS campground there. Did you happen to see it?--If so--what was it like--the usual?

2nd weekend 2nd hunt last year spent one evening glassing that. Hiked to those hills southeast of the lake. Saw some does and a real nice foot trail (water bottles, clothing along it). You're right though, it looks really good. EBB

I could tell there was some illegal traffic there... could see a decent trail but nothing to outragoues. there were a few water bottles and such but nothing like i have seen in other places.

if you need help with 36b december let me know, i`ve got some sweeeeet spots . maybe we can go scouting one day

johnny hiller 954-1997

CANT GO THIS WEEKEND, WE ARE HEADING TO UNIT 10 FOR THE YOUNGEST ONES JR DEER HUNT.

CANT GO NEXT WEEKEND WE HAVE A TURKEY HUNT IN UNIT 8 & 10

CAN GO THE 20 OR THE 21 OCT

CANT GO 27 28 OCT FOR MY UNIT 32 MULEY HUNT

CANT GO NOV 3-4 TAKING THE HARLEY ON A TRIP AROUND THE STATE

CANT GO NOV 9-10 GOT A 36A JAVELINA HUNT

AFTER THAT I`M FREE UNTIL THE WIFES DEC 34A HUNT

AND MARC DID`NT GLASS UP THE 34A 2007 TOAD, I DID, SMACK HIS AS* FOR ME OR I`LL BE HAPPY TO SINCE HE IS MY NEIGHBOR

BUT I`D BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU SOME AWESOME SPOTS IN 36B WHERE WE HAVE PASSED UP 20-30 BUCKS IN A SEASON.

JOHNNY

deer2006106.jpg

deer2006098.jpg

Dang it Casey! I told you not to confuse Pena Blanca Lake and Arivaca Lake! YOU were at Pena Blanca Lake! There is NO deer habitat at Arivaca Lake, I repeat there is NO deer habitat at Arivaca Lake! Only thing there is mercury filled fish, no deer! :P

Dang! I always knew I was huntin' too hard in that unit! All I needed to do was hook up to Pop's Triton and go fishin' while keepin' my eyes on the hills! :P

Nice pics. I spent alot of time near there, including a scout a few weeks ago and archery deer. Lots of people and as stated illegal traffic. Best to get way away from the roads. PM me if you like. Good hunting.