Red Rabbit

What's in your Hunting Daypack?

Aside from some band-aids, I have not noticed a first aid kit listed by anyone else, and only Tony has a map and compass and GPS.

Hiking sticks are great, especially for sidehilling and going downhill with the deer on your pack. Who uses em?

Beer? that would be for the road hunters as the ice chest would be to heavy to carry, 'cept you were Casey.

Doug, I too carry a small first aid kit with many of the same things you do. That wrap saved my bacon this last spring turkey season. 3 miles from the bike and a nasty sprained ankle; never would have made it back to the bike by myself without the extra support. I've often tried to reduce the weight of my pack and always seem to add something instead of taking something out! Here's my list:

On a side note, after taking my 7 year old out this weekend to help with a friends hunt I ended up with 2 rusty horseshoes, a railroad spike, a 27 year old shed, and a 5 lb "coolest rock ever" :lol: We had a very successful unsuccessful hunt!

Goretex jacket

16 oz water bottle

100oz camelback

compass

maps

GPS

Knive

small diamond stone

folding saw

parachute cord

mini mag lite

headlamp

flagging tape

extra AA batteries (for GPS and lights)

latex gloves

firstaid kit (bandaids, moleskin, antiseptic, asprin, antihistimines, gauze, electrical tape, wrap)

pillow cases (2) for meat

rangefinder

tripod

15's and adapter

dried fruit, granola bars

Kevin

Aside from some band-aids, I have not noticed a first aid kit listed by anyone else, and only Tony has a map and compass and GPS.

Hiking sticks are great, especially for sidehilling and going downhill with the deer on your pack. Who uses em?

Beer? that would be for the road hunters as the ice chest would be to heavy to carry, 'cept you were Casey.

I gotta pack my dads beer sometime! when he runs out of beer, we run out of glassin time! :blink:

I dont need no stinking GPS! If i cant find the truck from 50 yard, then i shouldnt be hunting! :D

My step brother is no road hunter and now that they bottle Guiness in aluminum bottles he packs one around in his pack - it's his incentive to climb that next ridge. He chooses Guiness because it is best when at room temp. In celebration it gets consumed after the deer has been field dressed or just before the hike back to camp on the last day of the hunt which ever comes first. I must say I shared one with him after our last hunt and it was quite enjoyable. Don't know that it was enjoyable enough to pack around while hunting but if you're not the one doing the packing it's not such a bad thing.

Hey Casey, I though your pack included rocks? Nothing you plan for I guess.

I try to keep mine as light as I can.

Ammo

knife

water, twice as much as I need

snacks, icluding salty snacks

TP

Cell phone, Turned off, even if I don't get service

theres more but can't think of it

Hey Casey, I though your pack included rocks? Nothing you plan for I guess.

I try to keep mine as light as I can.

Ammo

knife

water, twice as much as I need

snacks, icluding salty snacks

TP

Cell phone, Turned off, even if I don't get service

theres more but can't think of it

Well, now that you bring it up, it does usually have rocks in it.... thanks Jim, Christian!

here is what i usually carry:

Water ( a nalgene, and 100 oz camelback)

2 knives, bone saw

tripod

first aid kit.. bandaids, ib profen, gauze,tape iodine for water

food usually jerky and a burrito

gps,compass

marking tape

TP

i usually carry about a box of shells total between whats on my gun and whats in my pack

space blaknet

emergency pancho

My step brother is no road hunter and now that they bottle Guiness in aluminum bottles he packs one around in his pack - it's his incentive to climb that next ridge. He chooses Guiness because it is best when at room temp. In celebration it gets consumed after the deer has been field dressed or just before the hike back to camp on the last day of the hunt which ever comes first. I must say I shared one with him after our last hunt and it was quite enjoyable. Don't know that it was enjoyable enough to pack around while hunting but if you're not the one doing the packing it's not such a bad thing.

Thats a great idea never thought of that one Guiness is just like mothers milk......I get to pack for my pops as well it just makes the beer that much better when you finially make it to that spot for glassen