COOSEFAN

The "Wrongway" Bull

I know it takes a team and more than anything I know how it is tagging along, I love hunting elk but do to the lack of elk tags for me I am one of the guys that tags along and helps out (I think they take me just to pack heavy loads for them :lol: ) Actually that is how I got the name "packhorse" I was just razz'n yall! hence the " :P "

great job Mullins team!!

I am sorry for interupting but I recieved some bad news from Jimbo this morning and I know he would like for me to pass it along to you and if he does'nt , Oh Well. "Ocho Grande" or as his family and friends know him just as Ocho, passed away this morning with dignity and a lot of respect. :o :o :lol: :lol:

Jim said he will probably be home tommorrow night.

Jim

Please no more pictures. I am sick of Elk. Besides, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Take Redbeard, he shot his little ole 370ish bull over a week ago and you can tell he is still high as a kite. Who knows when he will touch down. I am sure his familyand few friends are concerned. Is there an Elk 12 step program? For me, my bitterness continues. People with Elk Tags suck.

Bob

Bob,

I haven't been psyched about hunting in a while but something about the challenge of my hunt got me going again. Now that it is over you are right I'm still flyin' Not so much from the bull but just being "into" a hunting state of mind again.

I love the elk pictures. This Wrongway bull is a dream! I love the bottom end. I'm thinking it ought to score closer to 420. The weird trashy bulls are cool too. Looks like this was the year to have a tag. So much for all the whining about it being a drought year.

Please don't hate me... :( that was only my 4th tag in 11 years. :P Every one of those ended up on a bull. If you really just want an elk tag you can buy those in Colorado. Finding a bull to put them on is another story.

Chris

Redbeard,

I am just kidding you. If I were you I would be flying too. You obviously worked hard for that amazing bull and it may be the biggest accomplishment in Elk hunting this year, IMO. Heck if it was me I would of placed a picture of that Elk in every topic on this site. Congratulations. Now bring on Ocho cinco or what ever his name is.

Bob

Sitting on a ridge over looking beautiful country is good quality one on one family time I think. The other good thing about having one of the boy's with me is that they, for some reason, seem to think that they have to pack out the animal for me. :P It is either they think I am to old or they are paying me back for all the animals that I packed out for them when they were young. Either way it works. :lol:

Thanks Jim

Pops, you seem like a proud man. It appears you have every right to be. Like yourself, I feel the same way towards my family who stood by me growing up. Hunting is my life and always will be to the day I leave for better hunting grounds. I would like to thank you and Jim for some of your memories that you have shared with us here on this site. May the Hunting Gods look over you with many more hunts to come. :D

TJ

Bob,

I figured you were just ribbing me. But even if you weren't you couldn't knock me off my cloud.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm sure there are plenty of other guys out there hunting fair chase too. Hopefully these Wrongway guys were.

Bring on Ocho!

Hey TJ, yeah i am probably a little. Family is the foundation and you need a good foundation to build on. IMO We definitely aren't the sharpest crayons in the box and money seems to wind us and run the other way but if you show respect to people, wildlife, habitat, and give back what you can to that what you get so much pleasure and enjoyment from. I think are good bulding blocks.

Redbeard, I understand what you mean. There is only one way to do things and that is the right way because if you don't, it doesn't mean squat and eventually it will come back and bite you in the a$$. There is nothing to be proud of if you don't do it the right way and there is no sense in doing something if you can't be proud of it.

Jim

Jim and Pops,

Congrats to you both on a job well done. I commend you Pops for the "foundation" you have laid for your children. Not only have you set a fine example for them but for me as well. Last weekend I took my four year old daughter out to call in a bull for her. I called in a 320 bull to about ten yards and the look on my daughters face was priceless! At ten yards the bull bugled at us and I looked back and my daughter and her eyes were the size of golf balls.

A family that hunts together stays together!

Thanks