COOSEFAN

The "Wrongway" Bull

Why didn't you guys hold out for something a little bigger? Move over McClendons, here comes the Mullins team. Congrats on another great bull, and good luck on the rifle hunt. David

Hey David.....you know, I did tell this guy we should let this one walk and see how big he grows next year :blink:........NOT :P AND you and I both know that there's no reason for those boys to move over ;) I have nothing but respect for those boys and for what they've achieved over the years.......matter of fact I just got an email about another HOG put on the ground by those very same guys...congrats to them if they read this! JIM>

What an animal!! big congrats to the hunter and the Mullins team, great job guys...............all 49 of you :P !!!

:lol: :P Ya'll keep bustin' me about how many guys we got...................to tell you the truth, the Mullins team is by far smaller than most other outfits in this state! We are all just family and friends tryin' to hunt more than we can afford to........the very little money we make at it goes straight to our wives so that they'll let us do it again next year ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the reply's everyone ;)

Hey man the fact is that it seriously does take a "TEAM" of guys all working together to make something like this happen regardless if you've got a guide's outfit going or not. People can say all the crap they want but when a plan works out like you all hope it makes success that much sweeter!! FLIPPIN AWESOME BULL!! Gotta love the late rut this year, lots of bulls dyin with no busted points!!!! I LOVE IT!! Congrats to you and your hunter Jim, just incredible!!!!!!!!!

It's always always about the gross score!

Congrats on the huge beautiful bull guys! That one is as sweet as they get.

So, now let me get this straight... if I want to kill a big bull I gotta have a team of guys helping me out. Dang! no wonder I can't get a decent bull.

Jim, congratsulation to you, your staff, and the hunters on a remarkable year of hunting so far. I've been gone for a while from the site and was excited to see so many happy hunters with amazing bulls. Good luck with the rest of the season and a special hello to Pops. The hard work you have put in to this season from past experience has obviously been paying off. Well deserved and thanks for sharing your memories with us all here on Cousewhitetail. :D

TJ

Congrats on the huge beautiful bull guys! That one is as sweet as they get.

So, now let me get this straight... if I want to kill a big bull I gotta have a team of guys helping me out. Dang! no wonder I can't get a decent bull.

Well maybe if you drew a decent tag instead of the garbage dump or the cow pie patch with that limited opp. stuff you could get more people to go with you. :lol:

Bob

I thought it was my body odor! :blink:

So, now you are telling me I gotta have a team of guys AND a good tag to get a good bull?! Probably the next thing you will tell me is I need to give them all radios! :o

Man, I'm doomed. :(

I'll just have to keep shooting those dinks all by myself I guess. ;)

Jimbo and his brother are back out in the woods but I know Jim appreciates you posts. I just wanted to mention that the pic that Jim posted with everyone in it had the other team that was hunting a different Bull a mile or more away and that we don't have that many guys with 1 hunter. This trip was the hunter,a guide and a camera man in a team.

I also wanted to say that I agree with redbeard. It is a good feeling to be by myself when hunting an animal. You get to use your own gut feelings on where to and how to hunt the animal that you are after. I also love to have 1 of the boys or my daughter out there with me. Sitting on a ridge over looking beautiful country is good quality one on one family time I think. The other good thing about having one of the boy's with me is that they, for some reason, seem to think that they have to pack out the animal for me. :P It is either they think I am to old or they are paying me back for all the animals that I packed out for them when they were young. Either way it works. :lol:

It is getting harder to get drawn for the decent tags and when someone does, a lot of them have friends and family going with them to help out on the hunt and to expierience the hunt which is great. Every truck that stopped in our camp had at least 3 people in it and only one person with a tag. I have noticed that a lot of the pics that are posted, but not all of them, have the hunter and 1 or 2 or 3 other people in the pic also. If the other people in the pic's are non hunters, then they got to enjoy the expierience and the joy of the hunt just as the hunter did. I think that is fantastic and to see a hunter get so excited on a hunt, whether they tag out or not, is as good as if I had the tag myself. One of the benefits of the extra people is when the the animal is down and if it is as warm as it has been it makes getting the animal out of the field and taken cared for a lot quicker and easier.

Well I've done rambled on so maybe I am getting old. Thanks Jim

Well said Pops. If I were the only one that got to share the hunt I would feel selfish! You raised your boys well !