Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Elk camp help/mentor

Dang man gotta get you a tag! I have had a bunch of tags but it's cuz I'm all about the steaks not the antler.

My advice as always to anyone.. Dont put in for some tag (unit 9) that may take 30years to draw and then walk in with zero scouting days cuz it's not exactly next door. If you spend many days in 22 then put in for 22, if your a 5a but then put in for 5a Etc.. Good bulls everywhere and one on your home turf will probably mean more anyways. I will be rooting for you drawing a tag and will give you a shout on my next helpable elk tag unfortunately today's is a small drinker tag no glassing

Good advice right here honestly. Even the less attractive units can be successful year after year, once you learn the unit. But if you unit jump like a lot of guys do, you'll suffer because of it. Knowing a unit is huge. Find a unit you like, and learn it like the back of your hand. You'd be surprised at what comes out of the less desirable units, when someone knows how to hunt them. And good luck on this upcoming elk draw. Hope you get one!! Elk hunting is the best.

• Like 2

Was in 22 the last two days. Very dry. Hot. Glassed up quite a bit of elk. They are super dependant on water sources right now and coming in to drink at night. They are pushed into some nasty stuff.

Just wanted to close this up and say thanks to all who I talked to. Pm's are answered. Thanks for all the offers. I made a decision and We will be leaving this weekend to hit the hills for late rifle bull in a great unit. Mules are going so I am sure We will have another great adventure and meet some new hunting friends. Good luck this weekend guys and girls.

• Like 1