Redman

Need Boots....that last

Greeting's,

I need some new boots, before we start let me recap my last three pairs oldest to newest.

1. Silvis lasted about 10 months

2. Bass Pro pathhunters- last 3 weeks

3. Danner Pronghorns- lasted 6-8 months

3 pairs in < 2 to years. Most disapointed with the Danners since they cost the most... any suggestions??

Redman

Depends on what you are looking for in terms of terrain, insulation, waterproofing etc...

Sounds to me like nothing will last you. I have had my pronghornes for over 4 years easy and i use them all the time. They are rough looking but still solid hunters.

I have to agree with Arizona Guide my pronghorns have lasted over two years and that includes two summers worth of feild work, 7 days a week 7 hour days, in sagebrush. Love my pronghorns and I hope you find some boots that work for you.

Wolverine boots have done very well for me. Great boots for the price. IMO

I looked at those and I think I am going to try them. Which model do you have? Do the sizes run normal (or are they big or small)?

Redman

What wore out on those Danners? I love the danner pronghorns I have and use them all the time in rough country. They have held up great for me. Perhaps you can get a refund on them? Check the warranty? If you have the original receipt showing the date you bought them and send them the pair back, they may just send you a brand new pair of boots.

Amanda

I have a pair of La Sportiva Glaciers, I have worn them thru 2 fire seasons and every hunting season, and they are holding up nicely

I had a pair of Cabela's Mountain Hunters that lasted through years of heavy use. Finally the soles wore out but the uppers are still good. I just replaced them with a pair of Perfekt hunters (Meindl) that are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. They changed the Mountain Hunters and they just didn't feel as good. Look at Cabela's cobranded Euro boots - I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I have and still use Vaque boots.....never, ever, ever had a problem. I just blew out my first pair last year after 6 years of beating them to death. Just got a new pair of the Sundowner Summit GTX.....they are already broke in. Great boots

When you say you are wearing them out do you mean the soles? The Uppers? the Lowers?

I use Danners but it seems that you are covering alot of ground in some nasty country...

J-

When you say you are wearing them out do you mean the soles? The Uppers? the Lowers?

I use Danners but it seems that you are covering alot of ground in some nasty country...

J-

The soles are worn and the stitching on the heal has come apart. My feet got soaked in Colorado this year. I know I can get them rebuilt, but for $90, I may as well try another pair.

The best pair I had was a off brand from JC Penny's that lasted me two years. I walked a lot more back then. I would say I cover enough ground but not a lot. I averaged about 5-8 miles a day last week in Colorado.

Redman

What wore out on those Danners? I love the danner pronghorns I have and use them all the time in rough country. They have held up great for me. Perhaps you can get a refund on them? Check the warranty? If you have the original receipt showing the date you bought them and send them the pair back, they may just send you a brand new pair of boots.

Amanda

I second this i have a pair of the pronghorns and they are the best pair of boots i have ever worn. They have lasted through desert, rock, rain, and snow and are still going strong.