Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Canyon Lake

We are headed to Canyon Lake again this weekend, went a couple of weeks ago and checked the lake out and want to try it again.

Anybody have any specialty jigs or lures they like on this lake that you are willing to share???

We caught some bass using worms last time(nothing of any size) but I really like to us jigs and lures more than I like fishing with worms.

I've had some pretty good days in the dead of summer running the shoreline (Acacia Picnic) from the concrete dock all the way down to the bridge leading into First Water cove. Throwing LC Pointers in Crack and Chartreuse Shad, dropshotting Robos and crankbaits in craw colors. Some pretty good structure there, so jigs with craw trailers would be a good bet. Also across the lake from the big cove down till your across the Sheriff's dock has a ton of boulders. Great place to throw jigs. Summer time though...I'm usually throwing reaction (wiggle warts/Yo Zuri Hardcores), swim jigs, dropshot and switch to some topwater (Ricos and whopper ploppers) when the sun is going down.

Can't disagree with anything said ... especially the white spinners around structure ... Rebel Craws on rocky and gravel shorlines (reel/rip it down quick the pause a few seconds to let it float up some) ...and drop shot Prism Shad, Aaron's Magic, and Morning Dawn Robo Worms. Calm water at Dusk or Dawn never shy away from hitting the shoreline or the edges of cattails with a Big Zara Spook.

When I had a boat I used to night fish the walls or really steep banks with a big, but light, jig or worm. Lots of guys pass by that stuff cause it's tough slow fishin but it sure paid off. Always creepy seeing all the scorpions glowing in the black light!

Rainbow trout colored Bass Assassin, or Rainbow Trout pattern large bodied crank baits always work very well for me.

• Like 1