DesertBull

Kaibab OTC elk

Nice. I actually know him. I've seen the elk up there a few times, but never when I had a tag in my pocket. When I get my tag, it's like an elk repellent. Hehe.

• Like 1

I saw them last weekend 2 days before the hunt opened not but 200 yards away from where that picture was taken

Wow! I have never even seen sign of elk up there. Nice work!

Me neither and I've been looking! I suppose they're just in a small area up there.

Wow! I have never even seen sign of elk up there. Nice work!

Me neither and I've been looking! I suppose they're just in a small area up there.

I've hunted them lightly for a few years. They don't hang out in one area for long. The problem hunting them, is they move all over the dang mountain. I've seen them or signs of them out by the 12B boarder, and I've seen them or sign everywhere in between all the way to the North Rim Boundary. They are hard to pattern up there. Once anyone puts any kind of pressure on them they move. I know exactly where this photo was taken, and I have a general idea of where they might head next. I might have to head up this weekend.

I don't know why this thought never occurred to me but I've never seen a bear or sign up there has anybody else?

I have seen a few right by the entrance to the park, literally right on the boundary. It's like they knew right where it was safe to browse around.

I don't know why this thought never occurred to me but I've never seen a bear or sign up there has anybody else?[/quote

Nope! Very few bears I have heard

I haven't seen a bear ever on the bob and I run cameras all year round up there as well as most of my days off. I have never seen bear scat on the bob ether.

This might be a good hunt for next year. I'd have to plan and scout some

Was this taken around the Jacobs lake lodge?

It doesn't appear that there ever were many bears on the Kiabab. When Teddy Roosevelt stopped all hunting there in 1907 to make it a preserve, records show that 20 wolves, 500 bobcats, 816 mountain lions and 7,388 coyotes were removed. It makes no mention of bears.