rcdinaz

Recommendations on a mid range pair of bino's

I need a pair of bino's for the truck and I ain't putting any of the swaros in there to get stolen.

Anyone have a favorite 10x42 or 8x42 that are $400 or less?

The Monarch's seem to be a go to for a lot of people but I was also curios if anyone uses some of the less known brands zen-ray, Hawke, etc.

• Like 1

Look for some Zeiss classics 10x40. you'll love them

• Like 1

Has anybody had a chance to test out the Sig Sauer Zulu line? I got one of their Kilo rangefinders and it smokes everything else in that price range out of the water. I love it.

Sig as one of the lines I was curious about as well. The magazine reviews have been good.

There are a number of pretty decent binos in that price range. I had a pair stolen out of my vehicle (with $600 Rx sunglasses), and even though they were only $300 - $400 optics, I hated to lose them, as they were pretty decent. If you wear glasses all the time, then eye relief is going to be a concern. For that reason, I like Pentax in that price range, as (to my knowledge) they have the most generous eye relief (up to 20mm) of any of the major and mid-range brands. If you wear contacts or don't wear glasses, then your choice is basically unlimited.

forepaw

I have zero complaints about my monarch 7's. I think they are the best in that price range and if that's the price range you are staying in you can't go wrong.

Steiner XP Night Hunter (mint on ebay, right now $400) Maybe not, he has "0" feedback! Nice glass.

Better than Nikons. I like my Steiner 10x42's (Cabelas name stuck on it) and they'll compare to my Swaro 10x42....very close!

I don't know if Cabelas still runs these, but on sale they were $500

I've kind of become a binocular addict.

I use 10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks and they are great, especially for the price.

I am going to go take a look at the Monarchs still seems like there are a lot of them out there and everyone is pretty happy with them. If the Zen Ray go on sale I may grab a pair. I could not find enough real feedback on the Sig Zulu's. The Kryptek pattern Leupold BX-3's look very cool but the cheapest I found were still about $500

Didd't know Sightron was making them I will take look.