Sign in to follow this  

Trying this again

If a system was built in the price range of $350 that could send you pictures instantly to your phone/computer along with give you GPS coordinates of its position (would have a seperate battery supply that thieves wouldn't see right away). Would there be any takers out there?? Imagine your camera telling you when it has left and where it ends up along with giving your near real-time data of animal movement. Do you think we could eliminate some of thieves??

What are your thoughts?

Before you buy better see if you can find a law enforcement officer and make sure they are willing to investigate the info you retrieve. Its been my experiance with stolen poperty that unless someone was killed or maimed in the process of the theft it hard to get them out of the donut shop to investigate. I'm sure they would need a warrent as well. Just a thought.

The only problem with any of these ideas (which i think are great) is that once you hang a tree stand, set a ground blind, or hang a trail cam it does not belong to you--it belongs to whoever takes it--i know that really shouldn't matter but in the world or law enforcement that is how they see it. I hate thieves as much as anyone but unless you know every Tom, Jerk, and Fairy walking in the woods you probably will never know who took your camera and the NFS and the Sheriff's office will have no jurisdiction on something that is left in the forest.

Sorry for the let down guys but i have called the law when i had something taken that i set in the woods--they said just what i just wrote you and that is the law--sucks doesn't it?

I am going to get a bunch of game and fish stickers and ingrave all mine to say property of the azgfd bio dept. Most hunters will not take them then and the bleeding hearts will not take or bug them because they will think it is helping to work for the game. lock the cam with a cable to the tree and lock the cam shut with another lock. Maybe i should remove this after today so the anti folks that read the forum will not see it. But will give us an idea that might work for a bit.

Arizona Guide, Have you read the opinions that people post about G&F departments and officers? Seems like every hunting site you can go to has a G&F bashing topic at the top of the list. Seems like a lot of people have got some anger against the various G&F agencies and I for one don't think I'd want to put a "property of G&F" sticker on one of my cameras. That might just be the excuse the person was looking for to smash the camera or steal it. It's hard to second guess how people might react, but I for one wouldn't risk it.

I'm just going to keep putting my cameras in places that no one will find them.