Sign in to follow this  
corkin it

Bino Preferance

Has anyone had any expierence with the cabelas euro's. 10x42 Heard the are a good glass for the price. $799.

my kids bought me some awhile back. they are topnotch. i've done the side by side with the kind with z's in the name and several other high dollar glasses, and they are at least equal. i see they're making i think a 12x50 in the same style this year. i don't have real good eyes anymore and have to look through em with my glasses on and they work great. not too many bino's work good if you hafta use your spec's. but these do. Lark.

Thanks 270, A friend said the same thing . Said they were better in some a aspects. Looks like I'll try e'm out.

The last few years I've gone to the Canon 15x50 image stabilization binocs and love them. They have good optics and I don't need a tripod. I don't see many comments about them in the national mags and have never seen them mentioned on this site, but I and several of my hunting buddies have used them for the last 8-10 years with success and no trouble. We get about one day out of two alkaline batteries or several days from lithium batteries. They weigh in about 40 ounces which compares favorably with other 15 power glasses. I still have a pair of Nikon 7x35 E-series binocs which I use occasionally when I know the light is going to be bad and I don't expect I'll need the extra reach of the 15 powers, like last year when they helped me relocate a 98 point buck in a conyon where I knew the distance would not be great. I've had them for about 30 years and they have been great glasses for the money. I've found and killed a lot of nice bucks using them. Jack

Good stuff. I'm in a similar position and need to make a decision, current set-up is Leupold 10x42's (compacts) around my neck and humping Swaro 15x56 in the pack for sitting glassin. Need to consider if two are best or pick one as the weight gets tough for long distance humping. Not to mention the option of a 20x42 spot scope to check a quality rack.

I bought a pair of Pentax 12x50 for my first pair of good binos. The glass is clear but the eyecups suck. They are made for eyeglass wearers and the best way I found to use them was to keep the eyecups down and put on my shooting glasses. That was a pain so I gave them to my wife who wears glasses along with a bird watching book. She loves the binos and the book and now looks forward to our scouting sessions so she can find birds.

Don't overlook steiners. They are exellent quality and a good option for those of us who cant spend mucho dinero on optics.

I have the 15x56 big horns and the 9x40 big horns. Love them. Not only are they good and clear but they are very durable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steiner-Big-Horn-15x56...1QQcmdZViewItem

Narrow your decision to a few. Than set them up on a pod and make sure they fit your face. I have had huge problems with reall good glasses that just don't fit my face and eyes. Some aye cups are big and hard. Others may be flimsy and just dont feel good. Being comfortable while glassing all day is a huge factor. A pair high grade expensive glass doesn't mean they are good for everone and they are definitly not one size fits all. Choose wisely for you should have them for a long time. Also dont let any salesman pursue you and make sure they bust out a tripod. Good luck. Oh yea, Swaros are the best.