Heat

Which nonlead 180 grain load for .30-06?

Barnes, Federal Trophy Copper, Winchester Razorboar???

If you have an opinion let's hear it!

I have been shooting 180 grain Failsafes for years, but my supply will eventually run out. I also see the handwriting on the wall concerning lead projectiles. I developed a load for my .06 with 4831sc and 180 grain E Tips. My gun loves them. I have witnessed the effect on two mature bull elk and they do amazing work on vitals. One bull shot at 83 yards and the other at 504 yards. Both were pass throughs.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine used the 300wsm federal trophy copper's on a buffalo a couple years back, and he had great results.

• Like 1

Barnes ttsx 165groutof my 300ultra mag. Love it

• Like 1

I shoot barnes ttsx out of my .30-06 and they are very accurate. like firstcoueswas80 said, these bullets act heavier than they are so you could shoot 168s and get a little more velocity than 180s

• Like 1

A 180 gr non-lead bullet will be LONGER than a standard or premium 180 gr leaded bullet. We often talk of weight of bullets, but it really has NOTHING to do with weight, it's length.

Switching from a lead bullet to a non lead bullet, look at decreasing the weight - hence the 165 class bullets will be close in length to 180 gr leads.

If your rifle like 180's and you're going non-leaded, step it down some.

• Like 1