Bucks_N_Yotes

Does anyone us a 22-250 for Coues

How about retained energy???

It certainly helps to have enough to penetrate deep enough into a vital organ, but all the energy in the world almost becomes meaningless with a poorly placed shot. In contrast, the energy of even a pipsqueak .22 LR is plenty when it's placed in the right spot. I guess the adage would be: Energy is a not a substitute for bad shooting. ;) -TONY

That's funny.I got a friend who talks about ruger the same way. noone bring up ruger after the drinks have started,Gab,gab,gab

I don't have any brand I get that crazy about. One of my fav guns is my 30-06. Its a Rem model 710. It was cheap as rifles go but dang that thing shoulders well. I can shoulder that thing with my eyes closed, then open them and everthing is exactly where its supposed to be. Gun just feels right. Then there's the tank (7mm mag) good long range gun but its the sh!ts to carry around.

Donnie

I have killed 2 coues with my 22-250, both one shot kills and neither went a foot after being shot, both were about 300 yards away, so good gun but shot placement was everything. That being said, I prefer a heavier bullet that will have less wind drift now and only would use the 22-250 out of necessity. My 9 year old daughter is hunting whitetail with it this year though. AG