Sign in to follow this  
oldrdude

Deer Camp

Hunting down in 35A where there is a lot of illegal crossing foot traffic at all hours, do you think that a pretty loud

deer camp 1 1/2 mile from where you will hunt (meaning loud music and horseshoes by lantern) is an issue or

are the deer likely accustomed to night noise now down here more than before? I've believed that deer know

an increase in truck traffic signals hunting season, but not sure about camp site night noise.

Watch out! Deer really like to drink beer so they might crash your camp! :lol:

Do what you want, there's no deer in 35a. :lol: :P :lol: Seriously though I prefer a quiet camp. I had a deer standing in my camp one year when I got back from a early morning hunt.

I have watched numerous deer ignore the loudest of loud party deer camps. It is funny to see the would be hunters and the hunted completely oblivious to each other in the same field of view of my binocs. Of coarse if I had a 100" patterned in a canyon I doubt I would throw a kegger there.

Bob

Do us all a favor, keep the music down. Sound carries a long ways at night. Why do some people find it necessary to blare their music while camping/hunting? I thought most of us grew out of that when we left high-school. Trust me, I like the fact that many hunters are too tired or hung-over to make it out before first light. Keep yourself up as long as you'd like but error on the side of caution when it pertains to other camps/hunters that may be affected. If you're the loud type, camp away from the hills out of respect for other camps and the animals (regardless of whether they're affected, which I believe they are, or not).

Sorry if I offended you partner, but there's no need for that in the field. If it's still your cup of tea, I hear "pump station" throws some rockin' keggers where no one cares how loud you are!

No worries Grey Ghost with your 35A tag you are going to have the time of your life. First off 35 A stinks as a unit for hunting. If I were you I wouldn't scout; waste of time and gas. No need to worry about actually shooting a deer. There really are no deer here. We put in for this unit as a ruse to make our wives actually think we are hunting. It is actually a Huge! Huge! beer blast. Forget the rifle, just bring a 32 oz. plastic cup so you won't have to wait too many times in the long keg lines. Some of the big boys recommend the 64 oz magnum cups, but I find that the kick is too harsh and I am still pulling out cactus from the last time I tried the 64s. Here is this years itinerary for the festivities:

Thursday Oct 26:

Battle of the camp stereos begins at dusk. Heavy Death Metal vs Mafioso Ranchera is the featured contest . My money is on the accordians this year. Everyone loves a polka. 10:00 pm sharp is the pallet burning contest. I can almost smell it now.

Friday Oct 27:

The ATV endurance race begins at dawn. The idea is to drive your ATV the entire day without stopping. (except for piss breaks of coarse). For Friday night activities see Thursday.

Saturday October 28:

"Wish we could round up all the illegals contest." The idea behind this one is to find the most disinterested border patrol agent in proportion to the number of illegals you report. Last years winner got a yawn and the shoulder shrug after reporting a group of 44. Saturday night festivities include the resight in your rifle contest combined with the spotlight the cactus contest that continues until dawn.

Sunday October 29: "Race to Glendale contest." Break camp early. Drive back to Phoenix and see if you can scalp some of those Cardinal season tickets you are stuck with. There will probably be only one or two winners on this one, so you need to leave early. Losers have to watch the game.

No thanks needed,

Bob

No worries Grey Ghost with your 35A tag you are going to have the time of your life. First off 35 A stinks as a unit for hunting. If I were you I wouldn't scout; waste of time and gas. No need to worry about actually shooting a deer. There really are no deer here. We put in for this unit as a ruse to make our wives actually think we are hunting. It is actually a Huge! Huge! beer blast. Forget the rifle, just bring a 32 oz. plastic cup so you won't have to wait too many times in the long keg lines. Some of the big boys recommend the 64 oz magnum cups, but I find that the kick is too harsh and I am still pulling out cactus from the last time I tried the 64s. Here is this years itinerary for the festivities:

Thursday Oct 26:

Battle of the camp stereos begins at dusk. Heavy Death Metal vs Mafioso Ranchera is the featured contest . My money is on the accordians this year. Everyone loves a polka. 10:00 pm sharp is the pallet burning contest. I can almost smell it now.

Friday Oct 27:

The ATV endurance race begins at dawn. The idea is to drive your ATV the entire day without stopping. (except for piss breaks of coarse). For Friday night activities see Thursday.

Saturday October 28:

"Wish we could round up all the illegals contest." The idea behind this one is to find the most disinterested border patrol agent in proportion to the number of illegals you report. Last years winner got a yawn and the shoulder shrug after reporting a group of 44. Saturday night festivities include the resight in your rifle contest combined with the spotlight the cactus contest that continues until dawn.

Sunday October 29: "Race to Glendale contest." Break camp early. Drive back to Phoenix and see if you can scalp some of those Cardinal season tickets you are stuck with. There will probably be only one or two winners on this one, so you need to leave early. Losers have to watch the game.

No thanks needed,

Bob

That is funny stuff right there!!! :lol: :lol: A buddy of mine actually put together a "manditory management meeting" itinerary for the Kiabab archery hunt (everyone that works with him hunts and none of them got drawn). His sounds much like yours except no loud Rock n Roll..... and no illegals, but he does have a graduated quit hunting and start drinking time each day.... I think by the third day it is about 10 am. :blink: :rolleyes: His is like a full page.... I'll post it if I can. :lol: :lol:

Do us all a favor, keep the music down. Sound carries a long ways at night. Why do some people find it necessary to blare their music while camping/hunting? I thought most of us grew out of that when we left high-school. Trust me, I like the fact that many hunters are too tired or hung-over to make it out before first light. Keep yourself up as long as you'd like but error on the side of caution when it pertains to other camps/hunters that may be affected. If you're the loud type, camp away from the hills out of respect for other camps and the animals (regardless of whether they're affected, which I believe they are, or not).

Sorry if I offended you partner, but there's no need for that in the field. If it's still your cup of tea, I hear "pump station" throws some rockin' keggers where no one cares how loud you are!

I completely agree! I'm not trying to upset someone, but I;m out there to hunt. Not listen to your music. PLease have a blast drinking away, I know I will :lol: :lol:

i just hope we dont have the same 35a hunt, or at least arent hunting around the same area. being a mile from where youre hunting doesnt mean you wont be camping where somebody else wanted to hunt around. nothing wrong with having fun, but the noise doesnt need to be excessive. already have to deal with the unpredictable patterns because of the illegals, and even more traffic when the temps cool down, plus the pressure from additional hunters and camps.

In an earlier post you said you had a 35B Oct. tag :unsure: Are you planning on having a loud camp in order to scare off the illegals? I don't think that's the way to go........I would think that's more like an invitation to the party! I hope you decide to have a quiet camp....especially if you actually do have the 35B tag and are camped close to me! Best of luck, JIM>

Guest 300ultramag.

Here is a a tidbit

Drinkers/Party people: Buy a Motorhome, music will bounce off the walls and amplify the sound; thus u wont have to crank it up so loud.Maybe play horshoes on the roof.Sleep in, Then climb the ladder & start glassing.

Hunters: Buy a mule it will help u hike to that ridge in the distance. This way the only jackass u have to put up w/ might HELP u harvest a coues!