Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Leftover tag question

Leftover tags are available at 8AM April 25 but per game and fish email they can't be postmarked before April 25th. If that's the case when are you suppose to mail them. I have sent messages to game and fish but have not heard back yet.

This is the context of the email

"By mail: Paper applications will be accepted beginning at 8 a.m. Monday, April 25, and must be addressed to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn.: Draw/First Come, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Applications postmarked prior to April 25 will not be accepted. Note: There is no mini draw. Allow 10 to 15 business days to receive a hunt permit-tag by mail."

I've never herd of the postmark deal.... must be new... I always sent them in the Friday before and have gotten leftover elk tags...

• Like 1

This leftover tag is for a friend, he called G&F and they said if it was mailed today it would be ok. When asked about the postmark being April 22nd they again said if you mail it today it will be ok.

Just saw this.

"Paper applications will be accepted before April 25. We have corrected the information and apologize for any inconvenience."