8OWHUNT247

Guide/Charter in Rocky Point, MEX

Okay, Finally bit the bullet and reluctantly agreed to take the family down to Rocky Point. That said, fishing is high on my priority list! LOL

So, question for you guys..

Anybody have a particular guide or charter that they'd recommend for a 3/4 day boat? Equally as important, any guide/charter that you would recommend I do NOT use?

Thanks in advance!

(No honey holes or anything... I plan to scout at least 3 times before the season... LOL)

• Like 1

I'm going down next wknd. Probably gonna fish. I just go out on a ponga with a cooler full of beer at catch triggers bass etc. I like going for big fish but it seems like when I go to rocky point I get a real bad case of the "I don't give a s**ts " and I'm just looking to kick it and relax. Swing by the marina or drive out by JJs and you can find a local to take you out for the close stuff. If bigger fish and more serious is your thing just go to JJs and the guys that work there. They know who the good guys are.

• Like 2

You will be able to find plenty of good, inexpensive guys to take you out in a panga within 5 - 10 miles of shore and catch all the bass and triggers you would want. If you want bigger fish you are going to need to go out 30 - 50 miles. That is going to require a bigger boat, be an all day trip and cost a lot more money. Go to Capones. A lot of the gringo fisherman hang out there and can help you out. Good luck. Tight lines!

• Like 2

You might want to get in touch with the guy that runs this charter. Fishsantotomas.com

• Like 2

I was referred to a guy last year by fellow cwt member Addicted. I'd definitely fish with the guy again. I believe I have his info and will post it if I can find it.

Sounds like a good time! I've always wanted to off shore fish in RP!

• Like 1