Sign in to follow this  
'Ike'

Matter Of Time...

We opened Saturday here...Figured I'd tease you before you guys get going! Haven't dropped the string yet, but soon...Very soon!

Face on bird is the one I'm after right now...

post-8681-0-61309300-1459288981_thumb.jpeg

post-8681-0-80586800-1459289002_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

I was hunting Turkeys in San Diego County this past weekend. We saw a lot of nice Tom's running aound, but unfortunately they all had hens and would not leave them. It was a very hot weekend. It felt like the peak had already passed. This was my first time hunting Turkey's in California. This will definately be a yearly hunt for me. Amazing country!

I was hunting Turkeys in San Diego County this past weekend. We saw a lot of nice Tom's running aound, but unfortunately they all had hens and would not leave them. It was a very hot weekend. It felt like the peak had already passed. This was my first time hunting Turkey's in California. This will definately be a yearly hunt for me. Amazing country!

Glad you had a good hunt...No expert, but when they're henned up like that, later can be better, think 10-2...

Good luck on your opener Arizona!

Glad you had a good hunt...No expert, but when they're henned up like that, later can be better, think 10-2...

Good luck on your opener Arizona!

Ya, I've had the same luck. Almost every bird I've called in after 9am has got to ride in my truck. We hunted until the cut off time. No luck!

Ouch...Well, I missed the top bird not once, but twice yesterday morning! Came right in and I 'rookie' mistaked it! Argh...They're still actively breeding hen's though, so it's only going to get better...

post-8681-0-89111100-1459976954_thumb.jpeg

Stick with it Ike and nail that longbeard. Happy to hear they are still working. Good luck!