azpredator@work

Water damaged i-phone (need help)

my son dropped his phone in a bucket of water when washing my truck. Anyone have experience with any companies who do these types of repairs? Or, is it a total loss? Thanks for your help...

Wade

Get a box of minute rice and stick the phone in it. The rice draws the water out of the phone. My girls have done this a few times.

• Like 2

Do as DUG said ... DO not try to power up .... Put it in a bag of Rice.... For future use save any of the silica packs you find in new electronics and throw them into the rice as well .... waiting 24 - 48 hours before powering on will give you a 50 % chance of saving the phone.

• Like 2

If you can, first remove battery

Get a box of minute rice and stick the phone in it. The rice draws the water out of the phone. My girls have done this a few times.

Do as DUG said ... DO not try to power up .... Put it in a bag of Rice.... For future use save any of the silica packs you find in new electronics and throw them into the rice as well .... waiting 24 - 48 hours before powering on will give you a 50 % chance of saving the phone.

. ^^^^ This ^^^ 50/50 chance

Thanks for the feedback. This happened last week. He immediately turned it off, blew it out with compressed air and put in it rice. It turns on, but only shows the apple sign. Hoping he's not lost it completely as it took him forever to save the money to get this one....

I did the same to mine. Took it to a phone repair shop and for 45 dollars they for it working again. It lasted for about 4 months after the repair but it gave me enough time for an upgrade

• Like 1

I did the same to mine. Took it to a phone repair shop and for 45 dollars they for it working again. It lasted for about 4 months after the repair but it gave me enough time for an upgrade

Which shop?

Theres a guy in QC I see driving around, ifixemphonerepairs that might be able to help.

They are all over. I did a Google search and there are companies that will meet you and do it Mobil. I used some shop near metro center mall. I think it was called CPR cell repair

Usually when it just powers up with apple or samsung or whatever brand that means she is fried. If you call in to trouble shoot and tell them that screen they will just start insurance claim. In my exp