Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

Move to anchorage? If the pay was good enough, do they have an ok hooker scene? That's my only deal breaker.

I have an adult joke to tell you trpyhntr but PM's won't go through, maybe I am on your ignore list.

Maybe my inbox is full let me check

Living in Alaska isn't all rainbows and sunshine as you might think. The money's good yes but the cost of living is higher. Property taxes suck too. It's a tough place to be full time for a lot of reasons.

The hunting?? Well it has it's pros and cons. If you think it's hard to draw AZ elk, antelope and deer tags as a resident, try drawing them as a non resident. And I assure you, you will get the itch to hunt traditional big game. Especially elk. When you do draw elk, deer or antelope tags, it becomes very expensive and time consuming to use those tags.

Sure you can hunt moose, caribou, bears and sheep here every year. I assure you it takes a lot of time, money and even more effort. Honestly, I hate most of the hunting here. It's always wet, cold and you're up to your nuts in muck or thorns.

No it's not impossible to hunt here and it's not impossible to enjoy the hunting. You just need to be aware of how difficult, expensive and time consuming it can be.

Regardless, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. I'd give just about anything to be able to scout deer all year and chase rutting bucks every January in the desert close to home, scout elk every year while I wait for my turn to be drawn, shed hunting etc...and you guys would give anything to have moose and caribou tags every year.

I never want to discourage anybody from relocating to AK but they should know what they're getting into.

Regards!

M

with his AZ Liftetime license, he doesn't fall under the 10% nonresident cap, he has the same odds as a resident, but has not o pay the nonresident tag fees.

Everything else you said falls inline with what my buddy in Palmer says.

15 more hours and the first hit happens!

Ok only 10 hours now. I hope you are right, cause this is getting really really drawn out.

The way You feel about Alaska, I felt the same about North Dakota. . Too damm cold to enjoy it. The folks from there do, they don't know any better. When I was there I hunted Montana 4 years and one year the whole 5 days was -22 plus wind chill..You couldn't breath if you tried to hike and You could only Glass 20-25 minutes cause of the wind. Had to be - 40 wind chill. Me and a buddy thought if We worked in it We could play in it . Bull!. I never pheasant hunted either up there. Something about walking thru a field at -10 for a little Chinese bird wasn't my idea of fun. In the spring ,Turkey hunting was either very cold and snowy or 30 with 50 ticks all over you. Couldn't wait to get to the desert. My new job down here I drive I-10 to Palm Springs and back every day and the Mtns .and Desert are spectacular. Can't wait to get out and hunt. Nothin prettier than a big majestic Muley standing in the Saguaro cactus..................BOB!

Heading out the door and on my way to work. The first few hours today will be completely unproductive! Lol

Look at it like this. At least we haven't been told NO yet. Meaning we all still have a chance.

• Like 2

I just want one tag, is that too much to ask for...let it begin!