TAM

Bass pro shop

Just got to vent a little about the new Bass Pro in Mesa. I drove down from Prescott the other day to see my family. I also needed to pick up three things for upcoming hunts and thought it would be a good excuse to check out the new Bass Pro in Mesa. The first thing I needed was IMR 7828 SSC powder and found out they don't carry it. I also was ready to buy a new Zeiss 6.5-20 x 50 scope for my rifle and they don't have that either. The third thing I needed was some .277 sierra game king bullets which they had in stock! The only problem was the bullets price was $30.99 which was a full $9 more than I can get them for at sportsmans warehouse!!! At that point I got my wife and kids together and left and went to sportsmans warehouse, where they had all three items in stock. Don't waste your time or money at Bass Pro because it either won't be in stock or you'll pay nearly 50% more for the privlage of buying it there.

Ps. I did fill out one of those customer satisfaction cards on my way out. I wonder if they really care what I had to say? I put my phone number on it, perhaps they'll call...... yeah right!!!

Just got to vent a little about the new Bass Pro in Mesa. I drove down from Prescott the other day to see my family. I also needed to pick up three things for upcoming hunts and thought it would be a good excuse to check out the new Bass Pro in Mesa. The first thing I needed was IMR 7828 SSC powder and found out they don't carry it. I also was ready to buy a new Zeiss 6.5-20 x 50 scope for my rifle and they don't have that either. The third thing I needed was some .277 sierra game king bullets which they had in stock! The only problem was the bullets price was $30.99 which was a full $9 more than I can get them for at sportsmans warehouse!!! At that point I got my wife and kids together and left and went to sportsmans warehouse, where they had all three items in stock. Don't waste your time or money at Bass Pro because it either won't be in stock or you'll pay nearly 50% more for the privlage of buying it there.

Ps. I did fill out one of those customer satisfaction cards on my way out. I wonder if they really care what I had to say? I put my phone number on it, perhaps they'll call...... yeah right!!!

Wish I would have known you came in today I was working back in archery all morning.

Bass Pro hunting and firearms sucks compared to Cabelas and Sportsmans. They have a great fishing area.

Bass Pro is fun to hang out at and anything Redhead is very affordable but I have not yet spent a dime there, (other than the shooting arcade upstairs) I still go to Sportsmans Warehouse.

They have a really good restaurant!!

Sportsman has always been my favorite with Cabela's a close second.

I was not impressed at all by bass Pro's treestand and archery selection. I also don't like the fact that the whole front part of the store is clothes. I'll stick with Sportsmans and Cabelas.

I was in BPS for primers the other day after I found out that SW was out of the 215 rifle primers I needed.... They have the WORST reloading selection in the entire Valley. :angry: I want to try their restaurant and I like their mounts better than Cabelas. Also, bought a Lead Sled shooting vice at SW the other day and when I showed up at BPS.... it was $20 cheaper at BPS!!!! :blink: leason learned.... shop before you buy.... they all have lower prices than the other stores on some stuff.... :rolleyes:

I prefer SW just because they are such avid supporters of Arizona organizations (and it's the only store in Tucson :rolleyes: ) I personally will spend a buck or two more at SW to "repay" thier support.

I would like to see them have an on-line store set up.

Gino, have heard good things about that lead sled. but, for some reason i have also heard that it can change the POI on your rifle? dont recall why, buti remember reading this. let me know what you think when you start shootin on it!

Since I do not live in the valley I do most of my shoping online.

Now that BPS and Cabelas are in AZ. I have to pay Tax :angry:

Hope everyone who goes to them enjoys the extra money I have to spend :(

Since I do not live in the valley I do most of my shoping online.

Now that BPS and Cabelas are in AZ. I have to pay Tax :angry:

Hope everyone who goes to them enjoys the extra money I have to spend :(

I know what your talking about!!!! for your shooting needs, try midwayusa.com they have good prices and they have EVERYTHING!!

I hear what every is saying and I agree with almost everything but here is my take on this. I think it is great that we have all three SUPER stores here. The SW has been my favorite because it was here first and then came the others. I was just in the archery dept. yesterday at BPS because SW (Mesa) didn't have what I wanted in crossbow acces. It has come a long way in inventory since it first openned. I'm not defending BPS but I think it will take time to hire knowledgable people just like it did at SW. They all bring alot of money to our community and they give us a wide option of shopping. Yes, you have to compare prices because certain items are lower & higher. That's just business. Most everything is cheaper on-line but don't knock a store caus it doesn't have your one item. If you ask I'm sure they will go out of their way to try and stock it.

GH....Quit crying about paying taxes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

c&s.....Try their aligator, it's good. ;)

EVERYONE ELSE...........man, are we getting spoiled or whay? :P :P :P

TJ

I went to bps the other day to get a few more cameras . they were $20.00 more there . was getting ready to leave when a gentelman came up to talk to me he was the store manager he aksed if I found what I was looking for . I told him I had but they were $20.00 more then what I can get them at Sportsmans he said that they would price match any store . so I got the cameras there for the same price .

If you find something you need it wouldnt hurt to ask about the price if you can get it cheaper they will atleast match there price

I went to bps the other day to get a few more cameras . they were $20.00 more there . was getting ready to leave when a gentelman came up to talk to me he was the store manager he aksed if I found what I was looking for . I told him I had but they were $20.00 more then what I can get them at Sportsmans he said that they would price match any store . so I got the cameras there for the same price .

If you find something you need it wouldnt hurt to ask about the price if you can get it cheaper they will atleast match there price

Thanks for the info. That is good to know. :D

TJ

BPS and SW are nice and yeah ,I know SW was in the valley first, but my favorite store is the one I first went into back in the mid 90's on a midwest vacation trip. Cabela's.

When I first went there, I'd never seen a store that had such a "wow" factor. Purely impressive back then and and it still is. A real big box outdoors, fishing, hunting store was as rare as honest politicans back then. Cabela's Customer service has never disappointed me either.

That's what makes free market great though. Lots of choices for stores and there are plenty more inside whatever store you choose.

Enjoy your options while you have them, and vote for your favorite one with your purchases!