Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

withdraw my elk application

I was drawn for an elk hunt in another state at nearly the same time as the hunts I put in for. So, if drawn, I won't be able to hunt. As you can imagine, I'd rather this scenario not come to life and would like to maintain my bonus points.

As such, my question is: Am I able to withdraw my Arizona application somehow? Or, is there another loophole that you can suggest? If drawn and my credit card number is bad, what happens then?

Thanks for the help.

AK, back out into the elk forum and check a few threads down :)

If you get drawn and your credit card it bad, i think the worst that could happen is possibly losing your loyalty point and not receiving a point for this year. A potential 2-point swing is better than losing them all though

• Like 2

If you get drawn and your credit card it bad, i think the worst that could happen is possibly losing your loyalty point and not receiving a point for this year. A potential 2-point swing is better than losing them all though

Its true.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys.

Edit: Sorry if this is a question I could've found through forum searches but I figured I'd be helped much quicker starting a thread than searching or trying to piece an answer together wading thorugh the draw regulations.

If it were me I would just do the new program they have to surrender your tag if you get drawn. You lose your $135 but at least you won't lose 2 bonus points

If it were me I would just do the new program they have to surrender your tag if you get drawn. You lose your $135 but at least you won't lose 2 bonus points

It has not started yet ... suppose to start with the fall hunts this year ( deer apps )

• Like 2

I don't think there is any way to withdraw your app, but you might want to consider what they are saying about bad credit card info. If you have your bank issue you a new credit card with a different number on the account that you applied with, IF you get drawn, the Department will contact you letting you have the opportunity to correct the bad card info. If you decline at that time you will lose any loyalty point for that year and not accrue a new point, but that is better than getting drawn and forfeiting your hunt altogher where you lose the money you paid for the tag and all points you earned for not drawing a tag. No brainer for me, I would just change it.

• Like 1