pstrman

Bonus points

Desert Bull, You must not have alot of points racked up ,with a comment like that. All bonus points States are really Scams .I'M getting out of Wyoming 1 species a year. Never played Utah, Got 3 for deer on Colo. and aint buying no Mo..............BOB!

Desert Bull, You must not have alot of points racked up ,with a comment like that. All bonus points States are really Scams .I'M getting out of Wyoming 1 species a year. Never played Utah, Got 3 for deer on Colo. and aint buying no Mo..............BOB!

They are scams. They won't go away because theiy are ATM machines for the departments.

• Like 2

Why have a deadline at all? I mean, if there is no deadline then no one would ever miss it.

There are apps for this, there are calendars, phone reminders, wives, buddies, regs, etc.

Last year I forgot to buy my WY point. Why you ask? Because they moved the deadline back to November. So on July 1 when my reminder went off I turned it off and said who cares I have 4 months for that and never thought about it again. Oh well. No need to change the rules because I am dumber than a box of rocks. That's my fault.

• Like 1

I like Nevada's squared points system. Seems to be the best to me. Anyone can draw, but your chance of being drawn goes up significantly every year. Frustrating sitting at nearly 20bp for lope and still only having a 1-2% greater chance of being drawn than somebody with zero

BP system is supposed to weight the draw towards people who have not drawn. AZ's system does that. Nevada even more so. Watching the point creep phenomenon that goes with high demand hunts is disconcerting. Even with the 20% pool, a number of people at max or near max will never draw. Don't believe any BP system will eliminate that but squaring BP's would help.

Scrapping the BP system is an option. Not popular with those of us who have accumulated points but what about youngsters who are just getting started? They're already 20-30 points behind some of us. They do have a chance to draw but will NEVER attain max points for premium hunts. Bonus pass is prejudiced against anyone who was not applying when the BP system was created. Shortsighted at best. Being cursed by a birth date is unfair too.

To the OP, I've got no issue with G&F allowing the purchase of a BP outside the draw cycle. Allow purchase up to the following draw deadline, i.e. Lope/elk BP available for purchase up till the deadline date for the June deer/sheep draw,repeat. More $$$ for AZGF.

• Like 3

The more points they sell, the less value each individual point has. Simple math. I don't think you should be able to buy a point at all. You are either in the draw or you are not.

• Like 2