Non-Typical Solutions

I just GOTTA

Through the years I have been sharing stories with the CWT family about my hunting blunders and fun times I have had with my boys. We have had to do our hunting weekend warrior method for the last 15 years due to my coaching commitment with our wrestling program and my boys commitment to being decent wrestlers.

My first son was a state runner up back in 2002, heck of a kid, got DQ'd his senior year for "ringworm".

Second son won state his senior year in 2006.

Third son was a music nut and didn't want anything to do with wrestling which was perfectly fine with mom and dad.....

Fourth son........the reason that I kept coaching wrestling for so many years just collected his 2nd state champion medal this last weekend and is currently trying to earn money to go to Virginia Beach here in about six weeks to put his wrestling on the national level map.

What a great ride it has been with these four boys all of which I would not trade for anybody or anything in the world. Even if it did hack into my hunting dreams it has been worth it.

I am throwing in the towel on coaching and hopefully get to get back to some hunting......wrestling season sucks for Thanksgiving break and Christmas break....always having to watch what you eat and missing out on coyote calling.

Here is Coles finals match against a kid from Benson, Cole told me before the match, "Dad, he has a full mustache!" oh the psychological warfare of a wrestler!!!!

• Like 10

Awesome job dad and big congrats to your boys...

Just hitting that point with my kids and gymnastics, and I'm not even coaching. They have meets every weekend from Jan-Mar with State and Regions in March. Luckily tagged out archery deer on Jan 3 this year...no chance at javelina.

Awesome job dad and big congrats to your boys...

Just hitting that point with my kids and gymnastics, and I'm not even coaching. They have meets every weekend from Jan-Mar with State and Regions in March. Luckily tagged out archery deer on Jan 3 this year...no chance at javelina.

Yep....can relate to that and it is worth every minute, hang in there with them.

Snowflake High.......I was so pissed off his senior year with the way that all went down you would of thought I woulda learned my lesson and walked away from the sport.

Things happen for a reason and that single event changed his life forever........and mine too I guess.

• Like 1

Congrats to you and Cole both that is an awesome deal . Now if you'll just give up teaching too you'll have all kinds of time :) :) just teasing, they need good teachers. took my oldest down to a bull riding a few weeks ago and watched him win his first bull riding buckle, not quite like a state championship, but too see your kids grow up and see there accomplishment's is about as good as it gets.

State champ wrestler is no joke. Such a great sport. I learned so much about myself and my physical ability from wrestling. Big confgrats to you both.

Snowflake High.......I was so pissed off his senior year with the way that all went down you would of thought I woulda learned my lesson and walked away from the sport.

Things happen for a reason and that single event changed his life forever........and mine too I guess.

Did he play football that season? Was a great game in 2001 and 2002 vs blue ridge.

Good match .... The mustache must have not weighed on him much looks like he was in control from beginning to end. Big congrats to you and Cole and good luck with Virginia beach.

It sucks when a health issue changes the course in sports for your kid and takes them out ... My son missed all of football and wrestling his sophomore year due to mono and decided the following year that he wanted to make $$$$ and work versus play sports... could only counsel him, let him make the decision and support him. His choice did allow for a few extra hunts and excursions over the last couple years.

Congrats to you and your son. That is such a great accomplishment to be a state champion.

Hey , My kid can beat up Your kid. Just kidding. Congrats to all. I used to do the sport thing with my 3 Kids .Miss those days Boys Quit around age 11. got burn out from club Basketball.To much coaching and not enough Street ball that was fun. Daughter played volley ball and her and Husband are PE. teachers and She is vollyball coach and He coaches wrestling and football. Enjoy em while they are home. My kids are all over the country. Congrats again to You Guys..........BOB!

Copenhagen and duct tape. Gets rid o' ring worms in just a few

hours. Middle son was a good rassler. Heavyweight so his matches were always last. In one week we could easily roll over 1000 miles to matches. Kingman, nogy, Yuma, camp verde all in the same week. Football wernt much easier. Bought a new truck when my 2 youngest started high school. Had 175k on it when the youngest graduated. Lark

• Like 1

Congrats to you and Cole both that is an awesome deal . Now if you'll just give up teaching too you'll have all kinds of time :) :) just teasing, they need good teachers. took my oldest down to a bull riding a few weeks ago and watched him win his first bull riding buckle, not quite like a state championship, but too see your kids grow up and see there accomplishment's is about as good as it gets.

Bull riding Tommy? Couldn't you come up with something more original?? That stuff gets in your blood and obviously it hasn't left your family......cool he won, now if I could just get as good as you guys are at killing big bucks and bulls I will have it made!!!

Congrats to you for all of your boys. Kudos for being great parents and being happy when one chooses music over sports. Great job!

Congrats to you for all of your boys. Kudos for being great parents and being happy when one chooses music over sports. Great job!

Funny thing, my music son followed us all through high school being my camera man. That is him you can hear yelling at Cole during that match, he became a huge fan of little brother and filmed most of Cole's tournament matches all season long. Seven years between the two and they used to fight like heal every day they had to live together under the same roof. Sure glad the grow up but dang........the baby of the family has the door hitting his rear.....