Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Another Flaw

So my daughter will be able to hunt this yr and she wants her first hunt to be a deer hunt. I figure I would get her a bonus point for elk and antelope this yr. I tried today and the system says you have to be at least 10 yrs old to get bonus point.

Why can she put in for the draw at 9 yrs old and not able to just get a point at 9yrs old?

Sorry in advance if she draws a early unit 9 rifle bull tag and or a 19b rifle antelope tag.

• Like 1

So my daughter will be able to hunt this yr and she wants her first hunt to be a deer hunt. I figure I would get her a bonus point for elk and antelope this yr. I tried today and the system says you have to be at least 10 yrs old to get bonus point.

Why can she put in for the draw at 9 yrs old and not able to just get a point at 9yrs old?

Sorry in advance if she draws a early unit 9 rifle bull tag and or a 19b rifle antelope tag.

Found that out with my niece as well. Wanted to get her a bonus point but she doesn't turn 10 til November 27th. Problem with that is there are no antelope hunts after that and only really bad elk tags after that. So no points for her and no chance at her getting a decent tag this year.

Because too many people took advantage of the system for too long and put their kids in from birth.

• Like 5

Because too many people took advantage of the system for too long and put their kids in from birth.

The system should see the birthdate and allow me to put my daughter in for a point though. My daughter turns 10 in less than a month.

Now we run the risk of her drawing a primo tag that someone else could have drawn.

The system should see the birthdate and allow me to put my daughter in for a point though. My daughter turns 10 in less than a month.

Now we run the risk of her drawing a primo tag that someone else could have drawn.

Sounds pretty risky. Maybe Game and Fish should come up with a way for people to turn their tag in for their points if they can't or don't want to use it.

• Like 5

Just put them in for a premium early bull tag. Same as getting a bonus point.

• Like 2

Just put them in for a premium early bull tag. Same as getting a bonus point.

^ This. And if she draws, suck it up and go hunting!!!

• Like 8

Sounds pretty risky. Maybe Game and Fish should come up with a way for people to turn their tag in for their points if they can't or don't want to use it.

Now that was funny

• Like 1

Honestly, I hope she draws. That would be an epic introduction to hunting

• Like 2

So what you're saying is kids can be put in for hunts and build points under 10 but not just points? Or is it only in the year they are 9 and about to turn 10?

See that is how another rule from the commission to complicate the draw happens. They will be chasing their tail forever trying to please every one or fixing their little problem.

• Like 1

I don't think you can put a 2 year old in for a hunt to build bonus points. They must be 10 by the time the hunt starts to apply.

The more I think about it, I would just wait another year. I mean, if she draws an early rifle bull tag as her very first hunt EVER, think of what a let down every other hunt to follow will be....

I don't think you can put a 2 year old in for a hunt to build bonus points. They must be 10 by the time the hunt starts to apply.

The more I think about it, I would just wait another year. I mean, if she draws an early rifle bull tag as her very first hunt EVER, think of what a let down every other hunt to follow will be....

my friends sister got early bull rifle the first time she put in, i dont think she hunted again.