Savageman25

If I want meat?

So this will be my first time putting in for the draw (elk) here in Arizona. I'm a new Hunter. I would like to put meat in the freezer, plain and simple. If it takes me being in tough terrain so be it. I will be using a rifle and would of course like to be able to be in an area to glass if at all possible. I live in Prescott so I would like to stay within 2-3 hours driving distance which is basically doable since it seems elk are prevalent in these parts.

That's the criteria, what would you put in for, top 5? Best chance of me actually getting a tag and getting some food.

Cow elk hunts in 6a, 8, 7w,7e, 10, 6b.... All have plenty of elk.... Drive roads till you find em or climb any hill and glass till you see em.

• Like 1

So I went ahead and put in. All antlerless, with a hope of getting a tag this year. 19a oct. 14-20 and dec 2-11, 7w oct 14-20, 6b dec 2-8, 8 dec 2-8. Got my fingers crossed now.

• Like 1

Your first choice is actually easier to draw then your second choice so if your name comes up most likely that's what you'll get. You're 3rd 4th and 5th choices won't matter as they won't have leftover tags in them. Looks like you have a 13.8% chance on your first choice with no points. Get your hunters safety if you don't alreay have it and youll double your chances every year. Also come one here a little earlier next year and you'll get a little more feedback before you apply. Likely could have drawn a late bull tag nearly as easy as that tag and there are some cow tags with much better draw odds. Good luck in the draw!

• Like 1

Im finding his odds much better for 1st and 2nd.

Are you going off the regs book odds?

I look at several things .