Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

What's the deal with RUM brass

Brass life is totally dependent on loading practices. I am on reload #6 on a lot of my Remington brass, and still have tight primer pockets and no case neck splits or excess stretching. I have not run crazy hot loads, but 3100+fps with 210/215, or 3300+fps with 175/180 grain bullets. They have lasted since 1999 so far.

If you aren't set on a RUM and still want an elk hammer, the 300 Win is no slouch with a 215gr. I am excited to test the new 212gr ELD-X as well.

If I was stuck on a RUM I would be slinging 230s!

I'll be honest and say I shy away from the RUMs to preserve barrel and can life. Realistic killing distances don't leave me feeling under gunned with a Win Mag and 215s at 3000 + or -.

So many options so little time. There will always be something faster and and drifting less but there will always be a trade off. Everyone has their happy medium they are comfortable with.

I'll be interested to hear what you settle on no matter the result.

I've bought a few boxes of Remington ammo and been using the brass and on my fourth and fifth cycle without any problems. Same goes for some once fired Remington brass I bought off of here.

Nosler RUM brass is nice but I only get about 4-5 cycles out of them, Remington brass I get about 8-10.

I think I have a few new bags of 7 wsm brass laying around, what do these go for a 50ct bag?