crazy4COUES

Auction Elk Tag filled ???

That bull was in 3B, oh my :o , i sure hope there is another like him when my muzzleloader hunt comes in september. That was a really nice bull.

I know the guides as well as many on this site do. I will just set here and watch it take place. I have respect for them and still do. BUT money can make folks do things they would not do in other situations. I would have to agree with What JIm said in his post and also with what Josh has said in his post.

Many more hunters were watching this bull reach this point. I think this was his year to go for sure. I just wish it could have good end results for the sake of the bull involved.

WOW. How would you like to drop $100K on a tag and end up shooting a sub division bull infront of an audiance?

It is very sad to see that monster bull go to waste. Well I guess it won't go completely to waste. It is now property of the AZGFD and will be auctioned off I am sure. And the rich guy who shot it can just buy it back. It was taken illegally and the elk is at a Taxidermist in town. I think you guys are right, money can make even the best of guides do stupid things. That why alot of people don't like guides. The whole thing is really too bad. My hats off to the Game Warden who caught these guys in the act. I feel sorry for the home owners who had to witness this monster go down like this.

I sure have to say one thing...

friends of the outfitter in question here on this site

are a lot more even tempered than the "other" site.

It is very sad to see that monster bull go to waste. Well I guess it won't go completely to waste. It is now property of the AZGFD and will be auctioned off I am sure. And the rich guy who shot it can just buy it back. It was taken illegally and the elk is at a Taxidermist in town. I think you guys are right, money can make even the best of guides do stupid things. That why alot of people don't like guides. The whole thing is really too bad. My hats off to the Game Warden who caught these guys in the act. I feel sorry for the home owners who had to witness this monster go down like this.

Wow, I think some of you haters will be suprised with the outcome of this...........

Just asking.

#1 It is the property of G&F; Or G&F is in the position of the Elk? Can't understand how they own it until it goes to court!

#2 It will be auctioned off? Even if they are not found guilty.

#3 How rich is he? No point here just curious.

#4 Which Judge presided over the case; I really would have liked to be there?

#5 I may or may not be one of "The Guys" but don't lump me into that category. Thanks

#6 The game warden actually seen them shot the elk? Would have been nice of him to mmmmmmmmmmmm maybe say something like let me go with you and make sure you don't do something wrong lord knows I'm not doing anything else.

#7 WERE YOU THERE WHEN THIS HAPPENED OR ARE YOU TRYING TO STIR THE POT????????????????

Buckhorn

i will wait and see what the outcome is--i have been accused of things in my life and later the people who jumped on the bashing ship had to eat their words--these people are good people and they really have no need to break any law to kill monster bulls. Not saying they did or didn't but if you were in their shoes wouldn't you hope that people wouldn't play judge and jury on you??

Innocent until proven guilty folks--lets wait and see what happens before we convict anyone.

Only thing I can say is congrats to the hunter who shot that monster and the guides who helped make it happen. And I hope one day I can shoot a bull of that size.

Larry Landgren

I agree with TLH, we just need to wait and see what the outcome is. I have respect for the guides and what they can do and I personally don't think they would intentionally have done anything illegal. For me it just gets too sticky when you hunt around private property. I hope it works out and the hunter gets his bull.

Jim

I hope that this thing comes out good I want to hear the real story.

And i waited for the big bull to clear the mail boxes before I shot, he finaly took that step and pow he fell dead on the drive way.

just joking.................................

The bull is at a taxidermist, a good friend of mine. Thats how I know. The Game warden was there during the shooting, didn't know from the hunters, but heard from the home owner that they would be there and were going to try to take the elk. This won't go to trial overnight, it will prob take a few weeks or so. The elk was seized for evidence and is the property of the AZGFD. The guy who shot it is filthy rich and has the Governors tag again this year. Poor Sapp.

I hope all the rumors seize. These are the facts and I don't know the hunter or the guides, other than seeing there hunting videos haha, but they will have to live with what they have done and see what the judge has to say. Not all the home owners in the area were in agreance to let them shoot the elk within 1/4 mile of there residence. Thats what the violation was, shooting that bull within 1/4 mile of a residence, building- home presumed to be occupied.