Sign in to follow this  
Alpinebullwinkle

Unit 9 Gun/Archery Switch

What were the hunters opinions on the affect of last year's trial hunt changes in Unit #9 with the September gun hunt preceding the September archery hunt for the first time? Positive/negative or neutral???

My opinion is negative, but I didn't hunt unit 9 last year. I've hunted unit 9 before last years experiment and it was fine how it was. A better experiment would be to start the archery season every year around the 14th or 15th of September and no earlier and have the

early rifle hunts start afterwards. That's just my opinion.

How can you have any idea how it was if you didn't hunt it or go to the unit while the hunts were going on? In my opinion I cant see it changing a thing. most of these early rifle hunts have less than 40 permits, how is 40 permits going to change anything? Ok maybe your don't get a shot at the biggest bull but welcome to the gun hunters world every year.

• Like 1

my wife had that muzzleloader hunt last year. all I heard from archery hunters, which I am, is how unfair it was for them. I can tell you from being there during the muzzleloader hunt & then helping my son in law on the archery hunt was that the archery hunters got the better hunt! rut was off the hook on the archery hunt where we were at. I would take that switch any year!

• Like 2

I think if the g&f mailed every hunter in the state a hundred dollar check and a thank you note just for being a hunter, about 90% of the people would bitch because the ink on the check was smudged or something. Those guys cant do anything right.

• Like 5