Sign in to follow this  
sandman38y

New Regs are posted

"A technology or practice that allows a hunter or angler to locate or take wildlife without acquiring necessary hunting and angling skills or competency."

I wonder what their examples of this would be other than drones? Trail cams that send instant text messages to phones? Anything else?

Probably glassing with your Swaros and long range shooting

• Like 2

Big Bo website says "

There will be some changes to the access permit fees in 2016…… The new fee structure and ranch rules will be posted in mid January.

Is it worth getting a subscription to Hunter's Trailhead when you only have 2 points for elk? I know it is customed tailored for those of you with double digit points, but if it would benefit me, I'd like to give it a try.

Is it worth getting a subscription to Hunter's Trailhead when you only have 2 points for elk? I know it is customed tailored for those of you with double digit points, but if it would benefit me, I'd like to give it a try.

It's neat to run the possibilities for everything you're interested in. If you would use it for more than elk it might come in handy. Flatlander has ran draw odds for a lot of folks the last few years so maybe wait to see if he runs them again....

• Like 1

Before the commission tells hunters to limit their technology maybe they should mandate that the Game and Fish update theirs to 2016 standards. Just sayin'.

• Like 4

Although the effects won't be huge, all of the past probabilities will be wrong/different for this year because of the new treatment of the max point pass for nonresidents and how this effects residents. Residents up at max will be in a better position, residents with few points will be a little bit worse off I think. (Example from low number of bonus points RESIDENT perspective: Hunt with 100 tags, 20 go in max draw that low point people would not have had a chance at in old way anyways, so 80 tags that you really have a chance at. But now, 5 of the remaining 80 tags CAN go to non-residents. So in alot of cases, since many of non-residents have many points, most or all of those 5 non-resident random draw eligible tags will be gone, so low-point resident guy only has a fair chance at 75 remaining tags where before he had a shot at 80 tags without non-residents having the possibility to draw them.) It basically just shifts 5% of tags from under max residents to max residents, so max point guys have a higher draw rate, lower point holders now will have a lower draw rate. If my understanding is correct.

I would say no. Maybe when you have like 7 it could be worth it

• Like 1

Although the effects won't be huge, all of the past probabilities will be wrong/different for this year because of the new treatment of the max point pass for nonresidents and how this effects residents. Residents up at max will be in a better position, residents with few points will be a little bit worse off I think. (Example from low number of bonus points RESIDENT perspective: Hunt with 100 tags, 20 go in max draw that low point people would not have had a chance at in old way anyways, so 80 tags that you really have a chance at. But now, 5 of the remaining 80 tags CAN go to non-residents. So in alot of cases, since many of non-residents have many points, most or all of those 5 non-resident random draw eligible tags will be gone, so low-point resident guy only has a fair chance at 75 remaining tags where before he had a shot at 80 tags without non-residents having the possibility to draw them.) It basically just shifts 5% of tags from under max residents to max residents, so max point guys have a higher draw rate, lower point holders now will have a lower draw rate. If my understanding is correct.

very helpful, thanks.

Take a look at pg3 unit 22 had a chunk removed and given to 6a. Interesting

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

Doesn't really affect me I'm just curious.

3.5 weeks might be different than 3 and a half weeks to G & F the way they count numbers.......BOB!