Sign in to follow this  
sandman38y

New Regs are posted

Sneaker-

Maybe I am mis-interpreting; I thought the new system actually increased the chances for low point holders both resident and non-resident. I was under the impression that previously 10% of total tags went to non-resident with highest pref point totals... now that is only 5% and the other 5% go into the random draw which is competed for by both residents and non-residents.

ie: 100 tags available, normally 10 go to non-resident high pref point holders... now only 5 do (which is why people are pissed) and the other 5 go into the random draw where anyone with any points could draw them including residents. This means the # of tags that low point resident can draw actually increases. What it really means is that low point non-residents, we now have a crack at those 5 tags in the random draw when normally it would be literally impossible to have drawn that area because all 10 NR tags were gone before the random draw.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Sneaker-

Maybe I am mis-interpreting; I thought the new system actually increased the chances for low point holders both resident and non-resident. I was under the impression that previously 10% of total tags went to non-resident with highest pref point totals... now that is only 5% and the other 5% go into the random draw which is competed for by both residents and non-residents.

ie: 100 tags available, normally 10 go to non-resident high pref point holders... now only 5 do (which is why people are pissed) and the other 5 go into the random draw where anyone with any points could draw them including residents. This means the # of tags that low point resident can draw actually increases. What it really means is that low point non-residents, we now have a crack at those 5 tags in the random draw when normally it would be literally impossible to have drawn that area because all 10 NR tags were gone before the random draw.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

That is correct. It gives everyone in the random draw a better chance whether you're residents or non residents. The ones that get screwed are the non resident and resident max point holders.

Sneaker-

Can anyone confirm/deny?

That is correct. It gives everyone in the random draw a better chance whether you're residents or non residents. The ones that get screwed are the non resident and resident max point holders.
I don't see where resident max point holders are going to get screwed it seems to me residents just got another 5% of the tags in the 20% pass.

Sneaker-

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I don't see where resident max point holders are going to get screwed it seems to me residents just got another 5% of the tags in the 20% pass.
You're correct. I originally thought it was taking a percentage of the tags from resident max holders as well. I see now it is only taking from NR max point holders.