Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Winchester model 70 B.O.S.S. 7mm Rem mag.

I recently came into possession of a 7mm Rem mag model 70 rifle with the BOSS system. I can find tuning instructions on the net but not the "sweet spot" sheet. Any chance someone on here might have it and take the time to type them in for the lighter bullets?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

these are the only ones listed on my card from the factory .Is yours the Classic stainless? If so, what did you pick it up for? I've been considering selling mine and they aren't making any more. Anyhow the sweet spots are....150gr bullet Sporter barrel 2.2.....featherweight barrel 2.3......165 gr bullet Sporter 6.4 .........featherweight 6.4

These will be different if you have the Laredo model... shoot straight

Rugerman, thanks for the starting points. It is the classic stainless model. I didn't buy it, I took it and a couple of handguns as collateral on an old truck I "sold" to a kid that forgot to pay for the truck. I may end up selling it since it is a right hand bolt and I'm left handed. I just thought I'd see how it shoots before giving it up. It is well set up (3.5-10 Leupold vx3, harris bipod, etc.) so between it and the Glocks I figure I they're worth the grand he owes me. My wife's not to happy with the situation but if the BOSS will reduce the recoil enough maybe the she can use the rifle.

Kevin

The recoil is substantially reduced. Word of advice....earplugs..... mine are still ringing from 6 years ago. I have a 6.5x20 vx3 on mine and the accuracy is as advertised