reloading is so fun and addicting! nothing like watching a buck or bull fall to a bullet you made!

Or in your case Casey, 6-10 of your homemade bullets :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Kevin

I just received and will start finding a load for the 168's in my 7WSM. Looking for increased bc and accuracy. I've been using 162 A-Max. They worked fantastic last year on 3 bucks. (there are better choices if you want to save meat as theses do alot a damage, I want to do alot of damage.) Even though the A-Maxes work great..... just thought see if I can get any more performance from the Bergers. Mark

Does anyone know, if any of the forests are open to shooting right now with the fire danger???? :huh:

PS: I am starting to not like that guy......

Gino,

The Coconino will no longer have fire restrictions beginning Friday at 8AM.

Brad is a liberal troll, best not to feed or incite him.

RR

hey RR i shoot 125 grain nosler partitions out of my .264 and getting some unbelievable accuracy...about 3/8 inch at a hundred yards... and thats still flyin probably 3500 fps

Alright, all you reloading junkies.... :D ..... I need some help...... :)

I am having a really hard time time finding any reloading data for the 168gr. VLD in a 300 Wby Mag..... It seems to not exist.... we loaded a couple up at 82 gr. of IMR 7828 powder and got decent results @ about 3175 fps.... I think that I can get better accuarcy and possibly speed out of it, as the primers showed no sign of cratering....? But how is too far? Any advice or info??

Thanks,

CnS

You are already at max published velocity for 165/168 grain bullets. You could try a 300 RUM or 30-378 for more velocity.

Try varying your charge a few tenths at a time 81.0, 81.3, 81.6, 81.9

Vary the seating depth alittle with the best load.

Try a different powder like H1000 or Ramshot Magnum

Went to the "range" today to see how the 130 VLDs would shoot out of the 6.5 WSM. Tried 6 loads with Ramshot Magnum and H1000. The best group, shown here, is about 0.58" at 115 yards and 3237 FPS. I will try this load again and play with the bullet seating depth.

11Melk025.jpg

130VLD.jpg

Doug~RR

Went to the "range" today to see how the 130 VLDs would shoot out of the 6.5 WSM. Tried 6 loads with Ramshot Magnum and H1000. The best group, shown here, is about 0.58" at 115 yards and 3237 FPS. I will try this load again and play with the bullet seating depth.

11Melk025.jpg

130VLD.jpg

Doug~RR

Doug,

Did you get the best group with the RM or H1000 powder?

Twas with the H1000. Had a 0.9" group with the Ramshot Magnum.

Great! We were gunna try some of that H1000 on a couple of test loads Monday night. See how it does against the IMR we have been using.

Thanks,

CnS