Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

****Raffle to win a new Ruger Scout rifle**** Winner Posted

I have one question ... When it says " a minimum of 300 chances sold" does that mean you will be selling 300 tickets only ? Or if you sell 1500 before Dec. 23 the drawing will be on Dec 23 and if you only sell 250 by Dec 23 the drawing will postponed until you reach 300 ... Seems worded funny to me.

I have one question ... When it says " a minimum of 300 chances sold" does that mean you will be selling 300 tickets only ? Or if you sell 1500 before Dec. 23 the drawing will be on Dec 23 and if you only sell 250 by Dec 23 the drawing will postponed until you reach 300 ... Seems worded funny to me.

Only 300 chances will be sold. We are hoping all 300 will be sold before the 23rd so we can give it away before Christmas. It would make a great Christmas present for somebody. I think these will sell fast and will most likely given away on the 23rd. Good luck. David

No matter how many are sold, the gun will be given away on the 23rd. DCA thought with Christmas and the blessing of the rifle being donated. We should help make a lucky persons day by winning it for Christmas.

*** A very special thank you to Ruger as they donated the rifle to DCA!***

I am not trying to be a scrooge, But when asked if 300 was a minimum and if so was there a max # of chances ... it was said that 300 was the max # of chances that would be sold. It is disheartening to see that this was not true and your video proves that many more than 300 were sold. You had 16 entries in the 20 ticket purchases drawing for the gift card and that total alone is 320 chances and I am pretty certain there were a lot more people buying just a few chances... I was skeptical from the beginning and glad I did not purchase any , but I do feel bad for those who did purchase based on the idea that every $5.00 gave them a 1 in 300 chance as that clearly was not the case.

Congrats to the winner

• Like 1

And my name isn't cindi Richardson so something went wrong

Pretty crappy......

And I did not even buy any.

I am not trying to be a scrooge, But when asked if 300 was a minimum and if so was there a max # of chances ... it was said that 300 was the max # of chances that would be sold. It is disheartening to see that this was not true and your video proves that many more than 300 were sold. You had 16 entries in the 20 ticket purchases drawing for the gift card and that total alone is 320 chances and I am pretty certain there were a lot more people buying just a few chances... I was skeptical from the beginning and glad I did not purchase any , but I do feel bad for those who did purchase based on the idea that every $5.00 gave them a 1 in 300 chance as that clearly was not the case.

Congrats to the winner

I will take responsibility for the wrong information I posted. Please do not hold it against the DCA. In the past we have always had a limit on the amount of chances that were sold for our raffles. I thought this raffle was the same as others. I never intended to mis represent the amount of chances being sold. Please remember that this is a non profit orginization and all money raised is used to help others in need. David

• Like 4

DCAguy ...

As someone who enters many raffles, the comment "seems worded funny" was specific to the point that almost every if not all raffles I have seen have a maximum # of entries. People like to know their odds. I was very specific in the way I worded the question and being skeptical was based on me believing that I read it as worded and that their were not a maximum # chances. If those representing your drawing were unsure , it should have been communicated with you from what I am reading. Regardless of the cause, and I do feel like yours is a good one, communication and integrity go a long way. There is no doubt that individuals purchased tickets believing that at bare minimum they would have a 1 in 300 chance and to check it off as people not taking the time to understand what they are reading is a cop out. Your response IMO did you no favors in showing your organization in a positive light nor did your method of communicating the # of chances vs draw date. That is the reason I wrote it specifically out in my original response. I will make sure that myself and friends look at donating to other organizations in the future but yours will not be among them.