Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Game Care

My rant for the weekend.

Went up to my favorite spot(dad's place in Alpine) for the Thankgiving break. Saw plenty of nice bulls getting hauled out of the woods, looked like there were many successful hunters out there.

Noticed one group that had 3 bulls in two trucks parked at camp. Two bull heads in one truck, the full bull elk laying in the back of the other truck.

Visiting with the wife who was in camp, they had 4 tags and the men had gone back out to recover the 4th bull plus bring in meat from two of the bulls.

Bottom line.....I drove past that camp several times and the bull in the back of the truck lay there for 2 days. I know it was cold but there is something about that that just rubs me wrong.

If you are going to go hunting you have to be prepared to take care of the game. I understand things happen but two days???

Had a great time up there otherwise.

I don't care how cold it was.. The meat that's on the bottom (truck side) will be bad.. But its their meat and its their dinner.. Who am I.. :)

I drove by a camp today they had the bull hung up by its antlers with the hide still on and in full sun. Shook my head and kept driving. It look like it had been there a few days. Not the way I will do it when I get my bull.