Sign in to follow this  
AHunter119

First "deer"" hunt in Arizona

I am 17 and a die hard hunter. I recently moved from mississippi to arizona and wanted to start hunting here. I figured out that hunting in arizona is a lot harder than back home. I thought about deer hunting and wanting to get a OTC deer tag for archery in 24B. I live in Entrada Del Oro which is a subdivision in the middle of nowhere in Gold Canyon (Hunters heaven for coyote, rabbit, jackrabbit,quail.etc). I would like to have some tips on where to scout/hunt. Thanks!!

• Like 1

All I will tell you is you do not need to go very far if you want muleys ;) Spend some time hiking in your back yard and you should be able to figure it out .... If wanting Coues get on the other side of the mountains a bit east and a little North ... Good luck

• Like 1

I am 17 and a die hard hunter. I recently moved from mississippi to arizona and wanted to start hunting here. I figured out that hunting in arizona is a lot harder than back home. I thought about deer hunting and wanting to get a OTC deer tag for archery in 24B. I live in Entrada Del Oro which is a subdivision in the middle of nowhere in Gold Canyon (Hunters heaven for coyote, rabbit, jackrabbit,quail.etc). I would like to have some tips on where to scout/hunt. Thanks!!

check out behind your place all the way over to queen valley... lots of other people too but sometimes you hit it just right and you'll get into them.

James

AHunter119-- You've found the best resource on the web. Strongly recommend wearing out the 'search' function for the areas you intend to hunt. I hunted AZ for the first time this year and followed threads back years and years researching my drawn unit because all the questions have been asked before!

Good luck to you, stay active on the forum!

Hike into superstition wilderness. No vehicles permitted in the area. You will get away from 99% of hunters in 24 and see more wildlife