Sign in to follow this  
Analogkid1014

Early bull before archery in 27

I've only hunted bulls in Unit 1, helped others out in 3A/3C. From my experience, archery hunters push them around a little, but as soon as they start getting shot at with rifles/muzzies they go a little haywire.

I'll let you guys know in October Because it looks like I'm going to 27! I don't know anything about 27 but My theory/dream is that later week is going to be a blast of a rut fest.

There's going to be a few less studs from the rifle hunters of course but I'm not looking for a 400" bull and I wouldn't think 40 tags is going to put that much pressure on the elk.

You'll be in the good rut though, it's gonna be sick.

• Like 1

Looks like my out of state son finally drew after waiting 16 years for his next tag. Will be interesting to see how the trial schedule change works out for the archers verses early gun hunters. My "guess" is the impact will be negligible on the gun hunters and a huge positive for the archery hunters who for the first time in history should have an opportunity to hunt pretty much in the prime of the rut. I am excited for either opportunity my family has been lucky enough to draw after all these years of waiting.

• Like 2