Sign in to follow this  
flatline

You ready for late archery ELK

Been thinking about this friday for about 2 weeks straight. Making sure i have everything i need cause i believe i'm going solo archery bull. Can't leave till Thursday after work so won't get to my spot till about 9 or 10 pm. Then right after me is my 2 kids rifle bull same unit. So why i'm hunting i'll be scouting some for them,been scouting since june but weather will play a big part in everything. Going to be a busy month for me.Good luck to all.

• Like 2

Been thinking about how this is the first year in a while that I wont be out there for this hunt. It is a great time of year and a fun hunt. Enjoy your time in the field

• Like 1

Good luck.

I'm on the same boat but for late rifle.

Lot of scouting, just to get hood winked by the weather.

Plan A is most likely out the window, Plan B will be the starting point. Since I'm also going to be hunting solo, I pray Plans C and D won't be needed.

• Like 1

Good luck

• Like 1

My son and I have the late rifle bull hunt that starts the day after Thanksgiving in unit 22N, and every day leading up to the hunt seems like an eternity! We've hunted this unit in the recent past, but ours had always been the 2nd rifle hunt that starts in early December right after the late November rifle hunt.

Our pre-hunt scouting in years past has always consisted of locating plenty of Bulls in late November, but by the time we got there for our December hunt it seems that many of the Bulls had moved into some very deep canyons due to the pressure from the November hunt.

We're excited and optimistic that this will be a great year for many hunters, and wish everyone a safe and successful hunt.