Red Rabbit

A Disgusting 40%

I had a similar experience in 12AE during the Archery season 15+ years ago.

My buddy and I were driving and saw a G&F truck duck off on a very overgrown 2 track. As we passed, my buddy said, "I bet G&F has a decoy up!" We drove about 1/4 mile and see a decent 3x3 with the head in some bushes. We decided to go ahead and shoot it for fun.

We got out of the truck and made sure we got off the road. Then I realized my wallet with my license was in my pack, so I told my buddy to hold up. Went back, grabbed my wallet and put it in my pocket. We stepped off the road and we're just drawing back for a simultaneous shot when.....you guessed it... the deer ran off!!!

We decoy-blocked ourselves!

• Like 6

^^^ LOL, that is funny ^^^^ .... the guy I know got caught was an ex brother-in-law and was told had he gotten out and stepped away from the road and shot it he would have been fine.... That was over 10 years ago ... I do not think they were doing it enough because every year we see plenty of road hunters and often see guys shooting right out the window.

^^^ LOL, that is funny ^^^^ .... the guy I know got caught was an ex brother-in-law and was told had he gotten out and stepped away from the road and shot it he would have been fine.... That was over 10 years ago ... I do not think they were doing it enough because every year we see plenty of road hunters and often see guys shooting right out the window.

Yep they are pretty quick about stopping you once you show your gonna make it a legal shot.

My buddy and I were driving and saw a G&F truck duck off on a very overgrown 2 track. As we passed, my buddy said, "I bet G&F has a decoy up!" We drove about 1/4 mile and see a decent 3x3 with the head in some bushes. We decided to go ahead and shoot it for fun.

We got out of the truck and made sure we got off the road. Then I realized my wallet with my license was in my pack, so I told my buddy to hold up. Went back, grabbed my wallet and put it in my pocket. We stepped off the road and we're just drawing back for a simultaneous shot when.....you guessed it... the deer ran off!!!

I would pay big money to have seen the looks on your faces. L.O.L.

Personally I think this stuff is a waste of resource and time. They were set up in 27 last January. Cited folks that stopped to look if they had their release on their wrist. If it was rifle season and you stop and your trigger finger is attached do you get a ticket? It ain't against the law to look. Heard that the guys that fought it got the tickets tossed making it pretty much a waste of time. I feel they would be better off investigating real cases and prosecuting the guys that get caught. Not trying to manufacture criminals with a phony deer. Lark

• Like 3

I would pay big money to have seen the looks on your faces. L.O.L.

Here you go.....it went something like this.

First, I was like this....

giphy_zpsh3ls8t32.gif

And my buddy was like....

surprised-gif_zpsym6g7ncp.gif

Then I was like....

100512-anchorman-no-gif-Imgur-52PW_zpspf

And my buddy was like....

nooooooo_elf_zpsbz0bimyy.gif

We thought about doing this....

nooo_zpsmoeqkus7.gif

But I just did this...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4062-1429212648-15_

And my buddy did this....

tumblr_mad1semOv61qhmhq2o1_500_zpszviqh9

• Like 5

I almost took a nice mule deer out of season last week on the res. With my truck. Stupid thing bolted right out in front of me!

Personally I think this stuff is a waste of resource and time. They were set up in 27 last January. Cited folks that stopped to look if they had their release on their wrist. If it was rifle season and you stop and your trigger finger is attached do you get a ticket? It ain't against the law to look. Heard that the guys that fought it got the tickets tossed making it pretty much a waste of time. I feel they would be better off investigating real cases and prosecuting the guys that get caught. Not trying to manufacture criminals with a phony deer. Lark

I never even leave my house without my release on when I'm archery hunting, that's illegal?

• Like 2

i saw the ROBO-BUCK in 27 last year. they always set it up somewhere between strayhorse and hagen. i was alerted that it was up ahead and made sure not to incriminate myself in any way. rolled to a slow stop and i could see G&F scurrying around in the bushes. yelled "gotta try harder than that" and went down the road. heard they issued like 15 tickets in one morning. Ironically, the G&F truck that set up the sting that day slid off the road and down the hill a ways and ran into a big ponderosa when they were taking the decoy back to the office.

• Like 3

I know many people who have encountered them and several that have shot them ... With the exclusion of my idiot ex brother in law who fired from a vehicle all the rest had done so legally and none of them were cited... I am not quite buying that they were citing people for looking because of a release on their wrist during a open hunting season... I do not see catching poachers and unethical hunters breaking the laws as a waste of time or resources.

• Like 1

The Wyoming press release is about outright poaching. 4 out of 10 vehicles chose to shoot in a closed area. That IS disturbing. It would be interesting to know if the 4 were actually licensed hunters enroute to a legal hunting area.

• Like 1

AZFGD has used elk and turkey decoys in unit 9. They were quite successful as it seems the majority of unit 9 seems to be plagued by road hunting.

Think whatever you want str8. It happened. Cited for road hunting. Instead of having half a dozen wardens watching one phony deer and citing guys for basically driving down the highway, I feel actually being in the field, making positive contact with hunters, checking licenses and bagged animals, doing real game biology work and looking for real law breakers is much more productive than trying to be hidden undercover James Bond spooks. All the tickets they wrote all last year didn't make em enough to pay for the truck they wrecked either. I saw photos of it. Kinda funny.