SwampMafia

Late rifle 6a

I drew a late rifle bull tag in 6a after years of waiting. I have extensive experience in 6a but not late season. I hunt the northern half, will there be road closures with the snow? Also what do the Bulls do this late up there? I've had this tag further south in 5b and we glassed steep hills in the day to catch them bedding, then sat meadows in the morning and evening. Worked out fine with 3/5 hunters killing Bulls. But that was in 5bs and it's generally warmer and dryer than 6a north. Will snow screw the hunt? I do have spots further south if that's the case. Any advice I can get ill take as id love to get another bull! Not looking for spots, I have that part 100% down, just looking for strategy and road closure. Thanks -Dallin

I have only been up there a couple times during the late hunt. I did notice the bulls are back in there usual hiding spots from before the rut laying low. If you are lucky enough to get snow they will start moving around and get into bigger groups and head into the cedar covered hills where you can glass them way easier.

I have hunted predators in Dec/Jan/Feb in 6A up north, and the only roads that I ever found "closed" were due to deep snow, not gates or signs.