Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

Seats in the bed of side by side utv's

Can anyone fill me in on the facts about passengers riding in the bed of side by sides? I know there is a big craze right now for people going to crew side by sides. But I think the seats in the bed of a ranger is a great idea to have the whole family in one rig without breaking the bank. I have seen some great rigs out there equipped with harness for the seats and rops.

I have heard rumors about Sherriff's and the Forest service cracking down on passengers in the bed. Has anyone gotten busted for this? Does anyone know the law? Makes no sense to me why someone can ride in the bed of the truck but not in the bed of a side by side. Is it all about the $$ and an easy way for agency's to create revenue?

My brother got a ticket for riding double on a quad, the ranger said it was illegal unless the quad was made to ride double from the factory, not sure if it's the same with the side by sides

This is a good question. I have been wondering the same thing. Seems like you can get a ticket for just about anything these day's :)

• Like 1

I was told the same rules apply to a side by side as a full size truck. Therefore it is legal to have passengers in the bed of your side by side. I was told this by G&F & Sheriff's Office.

The ranger is dead wrong. If the quad has been modified with equipment that was designed to make an atv capable of riding two people it is legal

The ranger is dead wrong. If the quad has been modified with equipment that was designed to make an atv capable of riding two people it is legal

Not an ATV. It has to be a factory two-up atv to have a passenger. It is spelled out very clearly in the regulations and statues.

• Like 2

Not an ATV. It has to be a factory two-up atv to have a passenger. It is spelled out very clearly in the regulations and statues.

You are right AZ griz. Can am is one that makes one set up for 2. I think there are others as well.

Crazy you posted this question. I just got done installing this back seat roll cage extention on my Commander today. I personally don't like how big the crew side by sides are, and two wing nuts and for bolts and this whole setup comes right out.

post-2501-0-99197900-1446847615_thumb.jpg

It was recently changed. Pull up the ARS....