Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Ballistic data comparison

I got 13.1 MOA using LITZ BC, 29.5" for barometric pressure and the 5500' elevation.

I understand shooting conditions change etc. my point was if the exact same info was entered on several ballistic apps/software there is a different answer for almost every app. One guy using shooter could have a difference of 7" vs a guy using Isnipe. No telling which one is right unless you verify your own rifle.

I don't remember the program I got but I printed it off and put it in my rifle stock. I was just going off of that and went out shooting and tracked it perfect. But when I used another web site or shooters app I too was a whole MOA off according to their program. So that got me worried but after staying the course with my cut print sheet and center plating my shots I new my cut sheet works. At higher elevations I ease off about a 1/4 MOA and I hit dead center at 500 yards. So I too saw a difference with other programs and when people say they love the Shooter App that's great but it never lined up with my shots.

+1000 that ballistics programs are where you start and actual range results are what you develop your DOPE with.

• Like 2