backcountry_brad

STOLEN Polaris

GAP insurance pays for the difference in value compared to amount owed.

Example. ..

My 2015 Ranger Crew that was 3 months old was totaled and because I did NOT have GAP insurance it have to pay $800-$1200 to walk away from the loan because it was not worth what I owed on it.

$800-$1200 is not the worst part.......

Having to go through all the insurance B.S. means I will not have my Ranger for my up coming Bull hunt.

At the time of purchase the GAP was $750 which is why I passed on it. The $40 to $450 more I have to pay now is not fun but not as bad as not having a Ranger. Our tags, 3 for our family, was the only reason we bought it to begin with.

More D

right. i just was wondering how upside down she could be on an 8 year old old rig when the guy mentioned gap insurance lol

• Like 2

Dang. Good that they found it, but a bummer that its totaled.

I see a few guys mentioned to look on the rez, is this a normal thing for stolen property to end up on the rez?

I had my 800 ranger , trailer and $5000.00 worth of hunting stuff myself . Went in house for 30 mins to grab last of stuff . Had them on video through theft . Plus they flatten 2 tires on my truck punching sidewalls , so i couldnt chase them down , $700.00 worth of tires Couldn't make out license plate , police said nothing I could do and left. If I caught them , I would be sitting in prison right now !

That stinks sorry this happened. No matter what being a crime victim sucks and insurance never can make it right. Victims always lose.. I got my truck back totaled per the insurance company. They paid me out but I still need to arrange repairs, take time off and have an inspection on the truck because now it's salvage..are you buying it back or letting insurance have it?

Sorry to hear that but I kind of figured that's where it would be found.

Sad part is even if you caught them red handed there wouldn't be a thing you could do about it unless you tried to restrain them by force, which might end up with you in trouble or hurt. By the time the cops/Sheriff gets there they are on the res.

Here is another thread that will be removed. So what if it ended up there? Doesn't mean it was stolen by people that live there. I have a lot of reservations around where I live and quite a bit of stolen property ends up there because it hampers the investigation. Joyriding kids get away with quite a bit because they can steal a car and dump it on the reservation. Who is to say it was not somebody who lived in the neighborhood and took it for a day?

It is not a race issue, it is a sovereign nation issue, where rules do not apply across the board. That is the reason so many items are dumped on the rez, State and county LEO's do not patrol the rez.

• Like 5

I agree but some of the post sure sounded like a race issue. Context is everything and nothing was pointed out about the sovereign issue before. When I lived in Farmington,NM I have first hand experience about dumping things on the reservations. Bobby Fry's mother worked in a agency that my wife, a prosecutor, worked with quite a bit. You can look up the case but it involved homicides and dumping bodies on the reservation.

Thieves are thieves and need to be shot when caught. My great uncle was cattle inspector in Luna Co. when Poncho Villa made his raid on Columbus. He and a posse tracked down cattle rustlers into Mexico and pulled out their .30-30 Winchesters and shot them when they caught them. Too bad we can't do that anymore.

Sparky- relax... This is the interwebs... Shizzz happens

• Like 2