Sign in to follow this  
Camofreak

Harness for 15's or 10's

How many of you use a harness for your 15's? I have an XL kuiu harness, but i feel like it's more of a hassle when you keep taking them and putting them on and off a tripod. I rather just keep my 15's in my pack, is that weird? Or do you use your 15's for everything, even in the thick stuff?

I would rather just get a large and keep my 10's on my chest when I use them.

I have the kuiu harness too and it is a total PIA every time you transfer from the harness to the tripod and back. I use 12's for handheld and tripod glassing so just one pair but I kinda miss the days of pulling the 15s out of the pack.

I'm not sure why you think its a hassle. Two buckles and the binos are free from the harness, then right onto the tripod. I have the outdoorsman tripod adapter so that step is quick too. Are you wanting to leave your tripod adapter attached to the binos?

• Like 1

I have an outdoorsmans adapter as well, it's fits perfect in the case still attached to the adapter. Once you undo the buckles then you pretty much need to take off the harness and then when you're ready to leave you have to put it back together and back on.

I guess I'm just difficult, and always in a hurry.

^^ Same problem as above. Once you undo the two buckles the neck harness falls behind your back. You either have to be really flexible or take the harness off to put it back together.

AZ Ranger nailed it. The KUIU pack could be so much better. I would love it if KUIU would modify the harness with some extra straps that went down to the "basket" so that you could remove the binos and glass with them without having the whole harness fall off. They also need an additional strap that can hook onto a belt loop at the very back of your pants. The harness as is still hikes up on your neck. Their harness is great but the perfect one still hasn't been mass produced.

^^ Same problem as above. Once you undo the two buckles the neck harness falls behind your back. You either have to be really flexible or take the harness off to put it back together.

Have you tried buckling the two buckles together? One is male and one female so this can be done.

Have you tried buckling the two buckles together? One is male and one female so this can be done.

I don't have it in front of me right now but I believe both buckles on the neck harness are female. The ones that go around your chest are male/female but not the neck straps.

Also even if they were able to buckle together I think it would be pretty tight around your throat.

Overall I like the harness but I need to customuze it to fix this problem.

I carried my 12's on the tripod all weekend this weekend. I have the Kuiu case and the suspender type and get tired of taking them on and off for the tripod.

Here's a pic of how I snap the vertical buckles through the loop on top of the case.post-379-0-65910800-1444576353_thumb.jpg