Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

36B Road Trip , anticipating the 23rd.

Did the annual, bring the wood , check the tanks and look for animals this past Saturday. And did not need to be rescued by a semi driver this year.

Deer were visible, got a chuckle out of mama walking thru the campground just before the concrete bridge , hawks, road runners , squirrels and help me out here , I believe I saw a red fox . Any comments welcome on that.

Lots of water , other than the tank off the road just west of Summit Motorway ( low and green) and the tank directly south of 4176 , might be wrong with that number , this one is bone dry and thinking it must have a breach in it .

Thinking that another 4 or 5 years of the moisture might bring the herd back to the early to mid 90's counts.

The rancher seemed to do a good job on his repairs to the road.

Only minor BP presence on the Ruby road.

Hoping for 70"s and 40's. Wishful thinking ?

• Like 1

Wishful on temps unless we are lucky yes. 80's and 50's more likely

Unfortunately I think you are correct! I will keep up the wishful thinking though...

I'm also wishing for the 70's and 40's. I have the same hunt but will be hunting elsewhere in that unit. Be doing some scouting next weekend. Best of luck!

Wishful on temps unless we are lucky yes. 80's and 50's more likely

Unfortunately I think you are correct! I will keep up the wishful thinking though...

I'll be wishing right there with you.

• Like 1

Where will you guys be camping? I'm planning on being off to the left there, just past the concrete bridge. Right there where everyone goes. haha.

That is what is so nice about that late November Hunt... Low Temps ! ;) ..... Hope the weather is good to you guys going down the end of the month.

• Like 1

That is what is so nice about that late November Hunt... Low Temps ! ;) ..... Hope the weather is good to you guys going down the end of the month.

Ya, even on the early November hunt last year it was HOT.

• Like 1

So was the year before that, freaking hot! We went out in the mornings in short sleeves.

Ya, even on the early November hunt last year it was HOT.

Not last year! Remember in October we had a warm front. Everyone was in high 90s low 100s. Then 2 weeks later a cold front came in and it was mid 70s and 40s at night.

And that was 36B as well ^^^

Checked on a couple of 36B spots yesterday. It was in the low to mid 70s and rainy (again).

Checked on a couple of 36B spots yesterday. It was in the low to mid 70s and rainy (again).

Light rain on your hunt is okay ... what you do not want is the 40-50 MPH winds like we had in 2010 for almost the entire hunt... I would have taken 80's and 50's over that cold, wet, and very windy weather that year. Beware what you wish for ;)

• Like 2