Sign in to follow this  
JustinB

So calling works...

Congrats!!!! Thank you for taking the time to write up your story and sharing it with us. I really enjoyed reading it.

Awesome! Well done and congratulations!

That's a sweet bear. If you don't mind me asking what call sounds are you using is it a Reed call or an electronic call I tried to spot and stalk one Sunday the spotting part was easy but stalking in that nasty terrain was brutal I'm trying to get it done with my bow so I think calling might up my odds

That's a sweet bear. If you don't mind me asking what call sounds are you using is it a Reed call or an electronic call I tried to spot and stalk one Sunday the spotting part was easy but stalking in that nasty terrain was brutal I'm trying to get it done with my bow so I think calling might up my odds

I use and old weams replica. Think Dan Thompson out of wyoming somewhere. Have had it for years. I have a jackrabbit reed in it. I also used an ecaller with mule deer distress. I could have comfortably used a bow to kill this bear.

I use and old weams replica. Think Dan Thompson out of wyoming somewhere. Have had it for years. I have a jackrabbit reed in it. I also used an ecaller with mule deer distress. I could have comfortably used a bow to kill this bear.

What a lovely bear! And I am so proud of you for sticking to the calling! Foxes always seem to be the number one interloper when calling for bear...but when you finally watch one silently approaching, it is PURE MAGIC! Congrats again!!

• Like 1

Love the color on that bear! Congrats on a great hunt and fantastic write up. It's great to have good friends that help no matter what!