Sign in to follow this  
az-6.5-284

Question size of bull elk

The Lon Winters world record arizona bull was a main 5 one side and 6 on the other and it nets 442"

The Lon Winters world record arizona bull was a main 5 one side and 6 on the other and it nets 442"

The Winters bull is a 6X7.

I saw one taken out of unit 1 about 10 years ago. It was taken during the early muzzy hunt. The thing is a beast! I really think that was all he was ever gonna be, genetically he was.just a 5 point. I personally have always thought a great big 5 point is an awesome looking animal. I was hunting with the guys brother and his brother shot a nice 6 point, can't remember the score, but the 5X was so much more impressive looking. Oh ya, the guy that shot the bull was using my muzzy so in a way I kinda, sorta,took that bull :)

Picture?

It is. But the 6 is more like a kicker on the big 5 side i think . I would call it a 6x6 or 6x7 personally. but I'm comparing it to this 5x6 that were calling a main frame 5x5

Im sorry but I won't post without his permission, and I don't know that he will go for it. He quit the site a year or so ago because of the bashing and stuff that takes place on here sometimes. I am going to ask though cause he is such a cool bull.

It is. But the 6 is more like a kicker on the big 5 side i think . I would call it a 6x6 or 6x7 personally. but I'm comparing it to this 5x6 that were calling a main frame 5x5

Most of the photos of the bull are deceiving. This is a photo will Alan Ellsworth.post-6038-0-78544800-1444438117_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Oh dang I didn't know that 5th is that big. For some reason in the pic I was looking at this morning the 5th looked smaller for some reason

Yep, almost all the photos of that bull are from the front, and the way the 5th on his right side twists in it is deceiving. That bull is huge everywhere. In real life it is more impressive, especially the fronts. Anyone know the gross score? 442" is net score.