jboody13

Cow hunt Peaks Unit

I'm gonna be as nice as possible. Its your first post and your asking for help when the elk are talking? A blind guy can find elk this time of year.

That's not necessarily the case in the peaks. The peaks are a whole diferant animal.

I'm gonna be as nice as possible. Its your first post and your asking for help when the elk are talking? A blind guy can find elk this time of year.

Not true. The peaks can can be very difficult. Once the big bulls establish their large harems, the push strait up the mountain before sun up every day and all you do is chase bulges and never seem to catch up. If you hunt the Schultz burn area make sure you are at the base of the mountain or better yet at the water line road before sun up to get ahead of them. You will see a million rag horns at lower elevations but cows can be difficult. If you want to pm me I would be glad to give you any info I can on the peaks hunt.

• Like 2

The later hunts are actually better and have better draw odds. Once the big bulls breed out the smaller bulls break up the cows and you start seeing them lower elevations.

• Like 1

The later hunts are actually better and have better draw odds. Once the big bulls breed out the smaller bulls break up the cows and you start seeing them lower elevations.

That's good cuz Mikey ain't hunting at 10,000 feet like jboody13! Not sure I have another climb like that left in me. Love hunting so enjoy limited opp cuz I can usually pull it off but this time I fear I bit off more than I can chew. :] good luck everyone!

I had the 3rd hunt a few years ago and a buddy and I shot two cows right by potatoe house. Another friend with a tag came a few days later and the only ones we saw were WAY up there. Good luck man, get far away from roads